Get ready for some Muppet nightmare fuel

snichols1973

Reaction score

From the Muppet Wiki I guess it is scary to me for several reasons.
1) Kermit is more than just a puppet to me, he is a living breathing thing (Yes, I am older, and still believe!),
2.) to see multiples of him stuffed into a drawer gives me the willies...
3.) He seems so lifeless and not himself
4.) how does he breathe in there? OK, I know that he is only a puppet, but I don't want to face that reality...ok?
The scariest part of all woukld be if Miss Piggy tried to lock him away, like she tried to do in the Linda Ronstadt episode:

http://www.muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_523:_Linda_Ronstadt

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
And now, some real nightmare fuel:

I'm not sure what's more nightmare fuel-ish. The awful movie, the scene itself, or the misleading caption below the title.

Caption reads "The Ultimate Muppet Trip".

Define "trip".

And let's not forget:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
And now, some real nightmare fuel:

I'm not sure what's more nightmare fuel-ish. The awful movie, the scene itself, or the misleading caption below the title.

Caption reads "The Ultimate Muppet Trip".

Define "trip".

And let's not forget:

Now these I can relate too. Although I like the young Jim Henson inside joke in Kermit's Swamp Years. And I really really want to see that awful Sesame Christmas special. I read the Tough Pigs review and just laughing the whole time. "And our new favorite cast member Mr. Mustache Guy!" lol

Though those worst I've seen recently was the Queen music video for youtube and that CeLoo TV apperance. UGH! Usually I'm quite polite about my opinions on newer Muppet stuff because there's fans who do like the newer stuff but please let me be blunt by saying MAAAAAAN! lol

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Though the scene in Muppets Wizard of Oz where Kermit gets his arms ripped out, now that was freaky!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Now these I can relate too. Although I like the young Jim Henson inside joke in Kermit's Swamp Years. And I really really want to see that awful Sesame Christmas special. I read the Tough Pigs review and just laughing the whole time. "And our new favorite cast member Mr. Mustache Guy!" lol

Though those worst I've seen recently was the Queen music video for youtube and that CeLoo TV apperance. UGH! Usually I'm quite polite about my opinions on newer Muppet stuff because there's fans who do like the newer stuff but please let me be blunt by saying MAAAAAAN! lol
I didn't think the Cee Lo video was that bad. Could have been better, but it had some classic Muppety humor.

The Queen video, on the other hand, was fantastic IMO.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I didn't think the Cee Lo video was that bad. Could have been better, but it had some classic Muppety humor.

The Queen video, on the other hand, was fantastic IMO.
In my opinion I'm quite different about them. The Queen song is actually my best friend's favorite song and well let's just say that his taste in music differs from mine. I personally like Jack Parnell's music with The Muppets much better. the Cee Lo video was okay but I just don't like the idea of Mahna Mahna being used recycled kind of like the new movie (though I do like the new movie a little bit).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Though those worst I've seen recently was the Queen music video for youtube

Friendly response. You're generally the only one that didn't like it, and you're going to get a lot of justified flack for it. All I'm going to say.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Friendly response. You're generally the only one that didn't like it, and you're going to get a lot of justified flack for it. All I'm going to say.
Well to back up my opinion regarding the Queen music video. The main reason why I don't like it simply because of the song itself. Like my mentioned, my best friend loves this song and showed me that it was from Wayne's World, etc. Best but it, I'm picky with my music. I like melody to be simple and pattern and not so abstract in construction. I like the Queen song "We Will Rock You" and "Another One Bites The Dust" but the Rapsody song starts off like a weird opera and then has this hard rock solo. I don't think it worked well with The Muppets. But it's only my opinion because like I stated in my previous quote there's people who like the newer stuff and that's their opinion, I personally don't care much for the newer stuff. I like my Muppets classic and the 90s Muppets Tonight era the best.

Basically I like the Kokamo music video much better. And I'm not a Beach Boys fan at all. But when The Muppets did that and "Get Around" on The Muppet Show, I felt they did it very well and sometimes better then the original. I don't want to get into any debate on this stuff or anything. So agree to disagree. :smile:

Anyway back to Muppet Nightmare Fuel. Wasn't there a thread on here about Muppet Nightmares? I know there's a Muppet dream thread on here. I've had my fair share of Muppet nightmares. My earliest one was when I was 6 or so. I had a dream where Ernie is dancing himself to sleep and a monster Ernie came out of his closet like a zombie and ate him. Monster Ernie kind of looked like the Ernie that was on the sketch when Count sleeps over Ernie and Bert. I've heard stories on how Muppet fans growing up, that scared them. I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not but Statler as the doorknocker on Muppet Christmas Carol. OOH BOOY! That scared me so badly that I didn't face my fears until my high school years. lol

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
What you are about to see is what real Muppet Nightmare Fuel looks like:
Brace yourself.

I was in Toys R' Us last week, and I was extremely excited to see an amazing Gonzo there, the best I've ever seen. Right next to it, was this:
*screams*

And right next to that, was this not nearly as bad but still terrible Kermit:

I don't know about you, but I'll be sleeping with the lights on tonight after seeing that....:scary: