1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Gerry Parks aka ' Doc '

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by zeldazipple, Feb 2, 2005.

1. zeldazipple New Member

I didn't see a thread for this anywhere allthough I find it surpriseing that no one has meantioned this. :concern: I was wondering if anyone knows whatever became of Gerry Parks the man who played Doc on the US/Canada Fraggle Rock? The last thing I heard about him was when he made a gust apperance in 2 episodes of ' The Shineing Time Station ' in 1995.
  2. christyb New Member

Hmm...Nice question. I don't remember him on anything though. It would be nice to see what he went on to do.
  3. muppet_dk Active Member

http://imdb.com/name/nm0662730/
  4. Docnzhoss Active Member

Since you're all over 17 so far, I'll suggest checking out Boondock Saints. Gerry plays a bartender suffering Tourette's Syndrome. It's a good performance and a terrific movie.
  5. zeldazipple New Member

I just read the script for that movie. :eek: Hard to imaging ' Doc ' being anything but warm and loving person this should be interesting. :cool:
  6. Xerus Active Member

I remember there was an old Nickelodeon series called, Today's Special. Gerry made a guest appearance as a guy named Phil, who had a serious drinking problem. It was certainly different from his Doc character.
  7. VIsraWrats New Member

Does anyone know how old Gerry is or have any recent pictures of him?
  8. SSLFan Well-Known Member

How old is he now?:concern:
  9. travellingpat Active Member

I think hes in his 80s but im not sure...hes a great actor who unfortunately has not done much recently
  10. mrsieve Member

He lives in the Vancouver area now.
  11. SSLFan Well-Known Member

I hope he's in the movie.
  12. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Hi all Fraggle Rock fans,;)
    I checked www.imdb.com & all it says about Gerry Parkes is that he was born in Ireland.Doesn't say how old he is or if he'll be in the FR movie.
    K.
  13. Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

While I absolutely hate The Boondock Saints (a discussion for another day), I enjoy watching it for the performances by Willem Dafoe, Billy Connolly, and, of course, Gerry Parkes... even if it is a small role.
  14. BEAR Active Member

Billy Connolly, who was, of course, in Muppet Treasure Island!:) ;)