Genuine Muppet Performers Autographs Set including Jim Henson

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
Well for Caroll Spinney I just used the main Sesame Street address in NYC, and for the Muppet guys it was when the main Henson office was in NYC as well. I'm sure if you wrote to the California one it would get forwarded to them.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Also, MuppetDanny, I think you may have just answered the question for me regarding the history of these autographs , the seller said they were sold at an auction in Blackpool, so more than likely collected at the Illuminations ? I don't know too much about this event, I'll have to look it up , oh and Henson Company Christmas card...too cool!! :smile:
Muppet Wiki page about Blackpool Illuminations: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Blackpool_Illuminations

markit

Reaction score
WOW!! Just amazing! I love that set, even better than mine, with the actual Muppet Diary, what a great piece of Classic Muppet memorabilia.

At the end of the day, items like this will go for whatever a collector is prepared to pay for them, could be anywhere from £100-£600, maybe more.
All depends on targeting the right people in the right place. I bought my set on Ebay, and there didn't seem to be a huge amount of interest in them, which surprised me, so I guess a film & television memorabilia auction would be the best place to sell these.

Slightly unrelated and random fact, I heard that a jacket owned by Michael Jackson given to him by Jim Henson , sold in an auction last night for £1500, not signed.

If you're looking to sell them on at any point, maybe put a post on here about it before and then list it on ebay, i'd imagine this is the right place to get a buyer, i'd certainly be interested.

Did your aunt have any interesting stories from her experience on the show ?

Mark

Stuart Shwartz

Reaction score
Hi Mark

Thanks for reply, Interesting info. Like anything is only worth what someone wants to pay, You get a couple fo people who want it then price can go up.

Not sure about stories as such, Is not soemthing I have asked , Was a bit young in the days when she worked on the show.
Was interesting seeing it being made when Gene Kelly was on, How the sets were made so puppeters get underneath.

I will certainly think about what I want to do with these, Its been in a box for so long

Thanks again

Stu

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
I finally got around to scanning these - and I included a few others Muppet-related!

I obtained these 2 from Lynn Klugman, who worked with Jim in the 70's. The Emmet Otter one was one that Jim gave the crew for working on the show.

I'm not sure who signed this, Jim or Steve. It's frm the title page of "Art of the Muppets" and I picked it up on eBay. Any opinions from anyone?

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm so jealous of all your signatures. I wrote to ave Goelz earlier this year, but have yet to hear back from him. :frown: