Gargantuan...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya,

Hey, y'ever thought about this?

Doc. He's average adult male human size, and Gobo is at least knee high to Doc; however, when captured by Junior Gorg, only Gobo's head and feet (sometimes tail) sticks out of Jr's hand, which means that Jr's hand would wrap around the lower part of our leg...so can you IMAGINE the SIZE of the GORGS FOR REAL???

Not only that, but how big the hole in the earth has to be for there to be all that Gorg-land with blue skies and sunshine and all that??

WoW!

Geez...I think I'm being over-analytical again, huh?
FOZ

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Okay, cool! Thanks, Phil.

I guess I wasn't being too analytical after all, then. CHRIS WAS! :big_grin:

But I still don't see how to fit Muppet Babies into the whole chronology of Muppetdom and will NEVER EVER ACCEPT THEM!

Well, maybe Baby Fozzie...

FOZ

PS

Isn't it amazing that the measurements are:
Doozers 6 inches Humans 6 feet
Fraggles 22 inches Gorgs 22 feet.

I guess we humans are as insignificant as 6" Doozers in the whole scheme of things.

FOZ again

Sidebottom

Reaction score
Size Ratios

Also notice how when the Fraggles are in the Gorg world, the Fraggle puppets used are the same size as the normal Doozer puppets. Also notice that the Gorg puppets are the same size as a normal human being.

Ergo, the ratio of Doozer height to human height is the same as the ratio of Fraggle height to Gorg height.

Doozers are quoted as being six inches tall (in the episode "All Work and All Play"), and humans are (I guess) considered to be six feet tall, so the ratio of heights would be 1:12, and the Fraggle and Gorg heights can be extrapolated accordingly.

Thinking far too much about this,
-Sidebottom

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
oh yeah?

Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
The Gorgs are about 22 feet in human size.
Once in a museum I saw the original Junior suit in a glass cube, and it was about 1/3 or 2/3 bigger than me. My sister and I gazed at it for about 10 to 20 minutes before our parents pulled us away. I was 11 then.

I know you're not lying, Phil, but I just thought I'd share that memory with the people. :big_grin:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Boober,

I saw it too.

Phil is saying in the series they are that size, Obviously not the Puppets - LOL !

See ya

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yah mon!

We be talkin about the 'fantasy' of the characters, not in real life. In real life, a Gorg is only about a foot or two taller than a regular man.

FOZ

Sidebottom

Reaction score
Re: oh yeah?

Once in a museum I saw the original Junior suit in a glass cube
What museum? What exhibit? When?

-Sidebottom

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg celebrates his 100th post

It was back in 1994 at the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito, CA.