Gaiman and McKean Team for "Mirror Mask"

beaker

Reaction score
Holy smokes this is HUGE news! Ive been a fan of Gaiman(Sandman comic), and Dave Mckean(Sandman covers, Cages, Black Orchid, etc) for a long time...so this news of them working with JHC is too cool. I can only imagine the astonishing visuals this will have. Good to see JHC finally coming back to do fantasy films...could this be the start of a renewed focus on making fantasy films for JHC CS? I think the climate is right!

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Nice, so would this be like an un-official sequel to Labyrinth? it'd be awesome if it included cameos from some of the old characters. Of course with it being direct-to-video Bowie and Jennifer Connelly would be out of the question.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I hope to god that this isnt going to try and be a seguel or prequel !

Leave movies as they are, They cant make it any better so why ruin it ?

see ya

Movies205

Reaction score
DAM Gaiman!!!!!!! This is going be the end of JHC once he makes the film he proberly going go court and ask for the rights! HE A BUM!@!@!@!@#!#@#!@

SORRY TOO MUCH OF A SPAWN FAN AND THIS SUCKS! THey should get the MAN! Todd McFarlane! This sucks fellow muppeteers and I smell something bad down the road cuz Neil GAINMAN IS BAD CHEEZE!!#!!@$#!$#%@!%@##!%^$@&^^$

Movies205

Reaction score
Is direct to video I guess it won't kill JHC that much BUT NEIL GAINMAN BAD!!!

I WANT MY ANGELA EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS KILL OFF IN ISSUE 100, I WANT MY MEDIEVAL SPAWN!!!!!!!! I WANT COGLIOSTRO!!!! DAM HIM I WANT MY BOOK OF THE DEAD !!!!!! DAM NEIL GAINMAN!!!!!!:frown:

beaker

Reaction score
Aw yes, the Miracle Man Mcfarlane vs. Gaiman thing. Well, Miracle Man looks like a ripoff of Bizarro anyways.

At any rate, any familair with Gaiman's brilliant Sandman series, and collaborations with Dave Mckean can only imagine what kind of coolness they can pull off with JHC CS. Too bad its straight to video, but its nice to see JHC CS doing some original fantasy stuff again.

pezbalubah

Reaction score
I don't understand why it has to be direct to video, isn't that just for kiddie stuff and horror movies (to rent)? They should give it a limited release and see how it does... it could be an indie film produced by Henson... with it being a fantasy film it has potential to get a hardcore fan following ala Farscape and could do well in major theaters if word of mouth (or more likely reviews on the internet) travels.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by pezbalubah
I don't understand why it has to be direct to video, isn't that just for kiddie stuff and horror movies (to rent)? They should give it a limited release and see how it does... it could be an indie film produced by Henson... with it being a fantasy film it has potential to get a hardcore fan following ala Farscape and could do well in major theaters if word of mouth (or more likely reviews on the internet) travels.
Oh you are totally right! It could definately do well to play the indie art hosue film circuit. Heck, thats how Memento and Brotherhood of the Wolf(another JHC CS collab) and those ended up at mainstream theatres!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Astonishing that a sequel to Labyrinth was even discussed that recently. (Maybe they've been reading our posts!) But I wish we had more information than just the title. How does this relate to Labyrinth at all, or does it not relate anymore?

The direct-to-video thing does sound like a strange route for the film. We'll have to see when it comes out, I guess.

Rather than direct-to-video, it would be nice to complete the big-screen "trilogy," the way Baz Luhrmann has his "Red Curtain Trilogy" of unrelated stories that nonetheless have a distinctive style -- Strictly Ballroom, Romeo + Juliet, and Moulin Rouge. How 'bout a "Jim Henson Fantasy Trilogy" of Dark Crystal (directed by Jim and Frank), Labyrinth (directed by Jim) and the "Mirror" movie (directed by Brian)?