Fuzzy Text Problem

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
i'll be cruising the site, and all of a sudden the writing gets really funny....small and very block letters...i will open another window and that one is okay, but this has happened several times, and I thought you would like to know...it's not my computer is it?

Sarah

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sarah,

Specifically what page(s) does this happen on? Does it only happen on MC or has it happened other places?

What browser and version number do you have? Mac or Windows? It might be an issue with your video drivers. You may want to see if an updated driver version corrects the problem. Sometimes you may get block letters if the text is in a different language that what you have installed on your system.

Give us some more info and we will try to help you if we can.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
ok not knowing all about computers i'll try to answer your questions

it starts on MC forum (usually after i post something) and continues as long as I am on MC forum....

for browser i have Internet Explorer 5.0 (i think) it's whatever came with XP

I don't have any language packs installed, if that's what that one part meant...

it started a few nights ago....it will be okay for the first few posts then it will do it....the letters are VERY small and appear to be broken up, which makes reading very hard, the posts on threads are the only things that are big enough to see without problem.

do you need anymore info??? i can try to answer more!

Sarah

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you may be hitting your back button and trying to access a page that no longer exists. For example if you post a message, then hit your back button a few times, you might see what you described.

Do you think that's what is happening?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I don't think so....when I post it goes directly to the post without pressing back and it is still the same, and I just tried it and it didn't work...(i am currently having the problem) i usually don't press back, unless my connection is really slow, and hasn't been slow for a while.

Sarah

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
now i can't even get it to go back to normal size...no other sites i've seen have been affected.....this is weird....

Sarah

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly what links are you clicking on when this happens. It still sounds like you are trying to access a page that no longer exists.

If you hit "printscreen" on your keyboard, then paste the image into a graphics program, you can send me a screenshot of what exactly you are seeing. That might help to figure out the problem.

Is anyone else having a similar problem or is it just Sarah?

Luke

Reaction score
It's fine here - IE 5.5 and Windows. I do have a problem today though with the forum - when i view a thread, this is an on/off thing but sometimes an individual post in the list will appear 100% width across the page rather than the smaller 'header size' one. It's no biggie though - i can just refresh and it zips back into place.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
It's fine here - IE 5.5 and Windows. I do have a problem today though with the forum - when i view a thread, this is an on/off thing but sometimes an individual post in the list will appear 100% width across the page rather than the smaller 'header size' one. It's no biggie though - i can just refresh and it zips back into place.
It looks great on my dsl backed flat panel^_^ The only problem Ive been having on here is the occational darkened alley swipe(which can be fixed with growing up), but that's about it.
Happy trails!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
AH HAH! It was my brother's fault! he kept changing the text size and i was just lucky enough to always be on this page where it happened! so i fixed it now!

Sarah