1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Future Muppet Replicas Wishlist

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by mikealan, Sep 7, 2007.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Telly

Telly Active Member

I'm not saying I would pass on Bunsen & Beaker and Statler & Waldorf, but I wouldn't be as excited. I would seriously like to see the "main seven" out first. Then I'd be more than happy to welcome Bunsen & Beaker with open arms!
    Kinda funny that you said that Statler and Waldorf were on Travis' wish list. My roommate and I just moved into an apartment with a loft. We turned the loft into the video game room. It's open with the exception of a banister going across the loft's floor from the stairs to the wall (I should take a picture of it). I told Erick that if MR did make Statler and Waldorf, it'd be cool to put them up there looking down on the living room. He agreed.
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My Observations (could be wrong)

Confirmed Muppets on the list are:
    Kermit, Animal, Gonzo, Fozzie, Piggy, Rizzo.

Additional single Muppets I think will sell:
    Beaker, Rowlf, Pepe, Scooter (yes, I think he'd do well)

Wild card single Muppets that could also do well:
    Dr. Teeth, Robin, Sam, Camilla, Muppet Penguin (penguins are popular now)
    Swedish Chef (maybe with some Muppet food item options for deluxe set)

Coupled sets that would do well:
    Beaker & Bunsen (that's the only way we could get Bunsen)
    Statler & Waldorf (should be a deluxe set option with chairs)

Fan faves that I adore, but don't seem likely:
    Floyd, Zoot, Janice (girl characters = tough sell)

Not even dark horses in my estimation:
    Uncle Deadly, Link, Strangepork, Sweetums, Lew, Crazy Harry, Clifford, Pops, Lips, Suggs, Johnny, Sal, Beauregard, Mildred (just had to include her somewhere)

These are merely my estimations. I have highlighted my personal faves for them to make! Most of them I think could sell.
  3. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

I'm in it for the long haul. If MR keep making 'em, I'll keep buying 'em. Although at the moment I'm buying multiples of each, as the line goes on I think I would just stick with one or two, although I think I may pass on the newer characters from Muppets tonight.

If Dr. Teeth, Crazy Harry, Sam the Eagle and Uncle Deadly got made, man I'd buy as many as I could as, other than the excellent Palisades figures, these guys have been neglected in Muppet merchandise.
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It is funny which Palisades figure seemed to sell. A different undisclosed number of them were produced for every series so it's hard to decipher.

I still find it strange how Beauregard warmed many pegs. I had nothing to do with him (aside providing a good photo) and found that figure to be probably the finest of the line. The many Kermits (most with inconsistent eye shapes) did very well. Power of the frog. The poor Swinetrek performance was also a shock.

But, hey, if they made a Clifford...he'd get dusty on shelves and I wouldn't really want him...but I'd probably get him if well made. Sometimes I scare myself. :eek:
  5. Telly

Telly Active Member

I think I'd pee myself if MR made Clueless Morgan. I know there's a snowball's chance in ****...but it'd be effing sweet!
  6. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

hey all..............who knows how to start a poll? I think it would be great for Amy to see what we wanted to be made next! FYI Terry said that he would love Scooter to be made within the next line up!;)
  7. doc hopper

doc hopper Member

put me down for one scooter.
  8. Pino

Pino Member

Awww that one Me also like!
  9. Telly

Telly Active Member

The only problem I have with Sesame Street replicas is ~ it wouldn't be complete without Big Bird. He'd cost an arm and a leg I imagine!
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I could see: Bert, Ernie, Grover, Cookie, Oscar, Count etc (the old classic ones) at regular size and Big Bird at two sizes. One could be shrunk to smaller proportions to sell on a wider market and a few exclusive full-sized ones made for the fantatic that has to have him to scale. Problem solved. :) The only issue would be feather size. But I wouldn't hold back Sesame replicas due to the absence of the big fella. Hey, Bert and Ernie alone would be worth it! :p :(
  11. Telly

Telly Active Member

Very true! I'd love to have Grover, Ernie, Bert, Oscar, Telly, Count, and Homer the honker
  12. Telly

Telly Active Member

After watching the Bernadet Peters episode, I'd REALLY like to see Robin as a replica!
  13. Roughneck

Roughneck New Member

Honestly....I'll be buying any character that they make.

but the ones I really want to see are:

Sam The Eagle
    Crazy Harry
    Lew Zealand
    Statler
    Waldorf
    Bunsen
    Beaker
    Rowlf
    Scooter
    Zoot
    Floyd
    Janice
    Dr Teeth
    Swedish Chef

Now If we could get all of them (as well as the ones planned) then I would concider them complete...but I would still get others they make. (I guess I should remove lew and Harry from the not-complete-without list)

But I will still keep shelling out for these, I love the Animal and Kermit I have and I am deeply craving more right now.

So If anyone from master Replicas is reading this right now I just want to say that I would love this line to keep going, if I could wait anxiously for the Mail Man in 2017 to get my muppet Newsman Replica I would be the happiest man on earth....I would also like to say that I would gladly pay $2000-$3000 for a scale replica of Sweetums.

Also I imagine that we will see Pepe, simply for the fact that he is small.....Smaller muppets have a far greater chance of getting in there simply because of thier size and cost, it's why Animal was made second and it's why Rizzo got in there so soon.....So Pepe is a shoe in for the next set after Piggy.

Also I might be alone in this....but I would like one box set that is just a bunch of fruits and vegtables......
  14. goodrastus

goodrastus New Member

Actually I agree with the fruit and vegetables! It's the one thing I really wished I had gotten more of in the Palisades line even though there is a great selection. I would also like all of the others but would be happy for Scooter, Rowlf, Bunsen and Beaker to be released after Piggy.
  15. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

To me, I still think we need a Scooter. I don't know how MR reps could say that he is not a good or well known character to make for this line. Scooter is no more well known that Animal would be. Animal had less time on TMS that Scooter. I would love to see Scooter being next in line then all the others after that.
  16. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

AGREED! I'd love to see Scooter, although saying that, theres not a single one that I wouldn't want...well maybe Spamela Hamderson from Muppets Tonight:p
  17. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Cant we start a poll for Scooter? I know he is at the top of Terry's wish list of replicas to make. I think that with enough support we "could" get him made. MuppetCaper, could you let Amy know that we would love to see him done, you seem to get a response from the MR team.
  18. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I will try, I'm not going to guarantee anything though. I only had a couple successful suggestions offerings that got through to the MR production team. And that doesn't mean that they are going to do it, but it got to them. The poll would be a good idea, I just don't know how to start one. Maybe one of you guys can do it.
  19. Telly

Telly Active Member

Maybe they should just double-pack Scooter and Rizzo :p
  20. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

After all the problems with Animal and Gonzo, Scooter would be really easy for them to make, too.

:p