Further proof of the off kilter pro sport Muppet tieins

beaker

Reaction score
Well, I think we were more than a little dismayed when after such a greta little promo clip, hype, and even a site and merchandise...the powers that be at Chiagoland decided to effectively ban the Muppets...nary even a mention of our felt and foam friends was expressed.

Now comes word the huge Kermit plush giveaway at Wrigley field was for 8 year olds and under only. The heck? IS this further proof of the general opinion that the Muppets are just kiddy fodder?(Nice to know any fellow adult Muppet fans were turned away, who may have come for this exclusive) The same mentality that leaves TRU employees tellin gyou to look in the baby section for TMS figures, and Denny's people giving you blank stares about possible 25th annv tie-ins?

Well, hopefully this perception will change, and all this pro sport
snafus will change.

Luke

Reaction score
Well to the majority they ARE mainly for kids and they only had so many plushes - it makes sense to make the young children a priority !

I'd rather a child have a Muppet plush because they wanted it than some adult taking one just because they could get a few dollars for it on Ebay. I realize the adult fans might miss out this way though and thats very unfortunate and i get your point, but we're a resourceful bunch and forunately 6 year olds can be bribed with candy ! ;-)

beaker

Reaction score
what concerns me the most tho, is the seemingly complacency of the jhc nascar response. it seems they put a lot of time, effort, strategy and promotion into the nascar thing(See that footage clip) and then boom! a slap in the face, but no retort. im unclear if that 'we need tickets' photo was before or after that announcement.

as far as the wrigley thing, i finally saw those kermit plushes, so ehhh....maybe its better to fob em off on the kids. btw, did kermit sing at this one, or was that another one?

btw, what ever happened to the nhl tie in?

Luke

Reaction score
LOL - Yeah Kermit sang at this one. As to the Nascar debacle i don't think it's ever been established who was to blame for the licensing slip-up's so maybe thats why JHC hasn't said anything ? Any negativity is quite bad PR in the Anniversary year though so i think the 'Need Tickets' thing was just the chance to make a light hearted (yet meaningful) statment to the press and fans.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Any negativity is quite bad PR in the Anniversary year though so i think the 'Need Tickets' thing was just the chance to make a light hearted (yet meaningful) statment to the press and fans<<<

aw, so that was a response to the snafu. I had heard the ad was shown on espn before it happened, but anyways i like hat response jhc gave. so kermit *Was* at that wrigley game eh? cool. now...i wonder what the next promotion will be with major sports?

Luke

Reaction score
To be honest, i'm not totally sure when it was shot - but thats sure what it was used for by the press.