Funniest Wackiest Zaniest Sesame Sketches

Mary Louise

Reaction score
A wacky sketch I like is where Ernie persuades a reluctant Bert to play “Guess What I Am.” First Ernie pretends to be a dog (even licking Bert’s face!), then waddles and and quacks like a duck. Then it’s Bert’s turn, and he chuffs around the room going, “Chugga chugga, chugga chugga...whoo whoo!” Suddenly an engineer comes in, saying, “There you are, you pesky train, you!” Bert protests, but the conductors yells, “All aboard!”—and then a bunch of people enter to go for a choo-choo-Bert ride!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
how about "monster clubhouse"? the characters in this skit (which is a lot more hilarious than Elmo's world) are HILARIOUS! This "monster clubhouse" thing has been used several times and it's constantly different each time, which is great.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
how about "monster clubhouse"? the characters in this skit (which is a lot more hilarious than Elmo's world) are HILARIOUS! This "monster clubhouse" thing has been used several times and it's constantly different each time, which is great.

This is what you're looking for, Tutter. Yeah, I did laugh. Hehehehe! Classic!

cjd874

Reaction score
You're correct! He was the banana boy and that duck. Thanks!
Yep, I forgot that he was still active as a puppeteer in the early 2000s, when MC was created. It's great to see that he did other miscellaneous characters at the time before his health problems forced him to do only voice work.

dinoboy

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I was dreaming when I saw this as a little kid back in the 1970's. It was done in fast motion and in reverse, as various Sesame Street live actors were behind a large sheet of brown paper, and each of them one by one poked a hole and stuck their head through the paper and said surprise, and then it was shown in reverse. What opened my eyes was when Maria poked her head through the paper, smiled, waved and said "Peek-A-Boo" and she giggled and laughed as she blew a kiss and waved, and you saw her in reverse unripping the paper and going back behind the paper. I'm not sure what the purpose of that clip was, but I somehow remember seeing this, and maybe I was just dreaming.:confused:

dinoboy

Reaction score
sometimes in the 1970's, they showed a screen where a large black filled circle would materialize and grow on a purple background. When the circle grew to full size, you heard the sound of a dog barking or something, then the circle shrunk in size to nothing.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I was enjoying some really funny clips like The 2 headed monster driving a car into a brick wall demonstrating Seat belts, A couple of Grover and Mr. Johnson sketches, Dr. Nobel Price, etc. But this one bot be cracking up like crazy before heading to bed last night.
I'm a huge Ernie and Bert fan but what I love about this one is how Ernie makes a racket (music in Caveperson days) and just watching Bert at the end dance running back and forth with his head held back. :smile: Hilarious :smile:

I was watching this one too last night. I love Richard Hunt's teacher character. He kind of sounds like Don Music in a way. The best part is his echo shout. Marty's student character is pretty funny as well. And I just love the typical Muppet crowd running over Kermit gag. Truely a great Muppet traditional well "running gag" (comedic drums). lol

I wished to see more comedy like this on the current Sesame. But it just seems like it's more gentler now a days from what I've noticed.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yeah I remember seeing some Monster Club house bits. That was probably the best thing I've seen in the somewhat current episodes. The ending theme to it is really funny. Their goodbye song and I think it zooms into one of the monster's months. I like Kevin's character, the monster who talks gibberish. He kind of reminds me of a Blue monster that was used in the 1990s. Wasn't there a song in the 1990s with three blue monsters with hair over their eyes and it was about brushing (hair, teeth, etc). It kind of went "Brush, Brush, Boogityboogityboogity" something like that. I think it was called "Brush, Brush, Boogy".