Funniest SST Moments

MeepMeepBork

Reaction score
"BUT CANARIES AREN'T BLUE!"
I have a friend who does an almost spot-on Don Music impression, and he uses that line all the time. Cracks me up!

Don definitely makes me laugh the most out of all the Sesame Street characters. Mary Had a Bicycle is my favorite of his skits, no question about it.

"Well, uh, they go 'BAH' and they run around a lot... That's it! They run! All the time! Runrunrun! *prances around the room*"

Don: "Well that doesn't work! It must sound like snow!"
Kermit: *sneers* It doesn't HAVE to sound like snow...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't believe I didn't mention "Happy Caps" yet. That's one of my favorite bits. Aside from the fact Telly keeps walloping on Elmo, of course...

dwmckim

Reaction score
It's nearly impossible to think of funniest SST moments and not have B&E come to mind. Particularly Bert's reactions to the mashed banana with ice cubes and gravy plus the whole Ernie's disguise kit sketch ("Ernie...you're a fool." and Big Bad Wolf's self-fanfare when he enters) and counting sheep/fire engines/balloons sketch (made even better by Bert's nose waggling back and forth as he shivers in fear at the end).

But i have a special place in my heart for the Miss Muffet newsflash. So BRILLIANTLY written and played by Jim, Frank and Jerry. From Muffet's pro-crunchy granola stance and anti-curds and whey tirade ("Have you ever tried curds and whey? THEN DON'T TELL ME I GOTTA EAT 'EM! They're YUCHY!") and the whole end of the sketch once the spider enters...

"Heeeeey Miss MufFIT, I've come to frighten you a-way-yay!"
"Sorry Charlie - us little girls aren't scared of spiders anymore."
"Oh..rats."
"Hey, try the frog."
"Uh - no - don't try the frog!"
"Hey-yay-yay-yay FROG! I've come to frighten you away!"
"...and I think you're about to succeed too."

"Hey, Frog...Boo."
AHHHHA!

Katzi428

Reaction score
But i have a special place in my heart for the Miss Muffet newsflash. So BRILLIANTLY written and played by Jim, Frank and Jerry. From Muffet's pro-crunchy granola stance and anti-curds and whey tirade ("Have you ever tried curds and whey? THEN DON'T TELL ME I GOTTA EAT 'EM! They're YUCHY!") and the whole end of the sketch once the spider enters...

"Heeeeey Miss MufFIT, I've come to frighten you a-way-yay!"
"Sorry Charlie - us little girls aren't scared of spiders anymore."
"Oh..rats."
"Hey, try the frog."
"Uh - no - don't try the frog!"
"Hey-yay-yay-yay FROG! I've come to frighten you away!"
"...and I think you're about to succeed too."

"Hey, Frog...Boo."
AHHHHA!
LOL! Yeah...that was funny too!:smile:

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
Oh I just remembered another one- Kermit explains the word "round" with a small pink ball: "And a ball can sing Tip-toe... through the tulips! Tip-toe... through the tulips!"

HootsytheOwl

Reaction score
My favorite funny bits

Hello everybodeee!:super:

There so much on SST that was hilarious, but here's the ones I like best.

1. Ya wanna C? ( see) .....Fat Blue owned again, lol.

2. Mad Painter skits, all of them, but especially number 3. My brother used to make the faces the painter makes when he goes " hmm...." or " hey!" in that one, to make me laugh.

3.Anytime the Yip-yips got scared of something and went " Gunnnng!"

Your dear friend,
Kitt

Katzi428

Reaction score
Oh I just remembered another one- Kermit explains the word "round" with a small pink ball: "And a ball can sing Tip-toe... through the tulips! Tip-toe... through the tulips!"
Ahha! That's another one of my Kermit favorites!:smile:

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
:stick_out_tongue: and :frown: in all, and Don Music's frustrations to come up with a little song (especially "Mary Had a Bicycle").