Funniest SST Moments

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Anyone know if there's a thread on this forum about funny moments on Sesame Street? If not here's some of mine!

I was watching a video of grover & herbert birdsfoot counting to 20 and I thought it was funny when Grover rushed up to the 8 and looked at it wierdly!

Another funny moment was when Elmo was chasing something called chese!

Anything with guy smiley, and don music was funny.

Joe 100 Guy was funny.

I just recently saw "Outrageous makeover", and thought that was funny!

Son of Enik

Reaction score
All of the Kermit and Grover bits in the early days cracked me up, Jim and Frank just had such a chemistry. The Ernie and Bert bits too, especailly the Sandbox game ("I 1 the sandbox, etc...)

Great stuff!!

Soul H

Reaction score
Anything the Cookie Monster did to get a cookie always cracked me up. :big_grin:

Also The Mad Painter sketches were hilarious. (especially #8) :stick_out_tongue:

And you can't go wrong with the parodies they do. :smile:

superboober

Reaction score
The very funniest for me was the Super Grover sketch where he decides the best way to turn on a computer is A) run around in circles and scream at the top of your lungs, and if that fails B) hop up and down and say "Wubba wubba" (because it sounds so nice to say anyway) Others high on the list are:

-Cookie driving the train into Guy Smiley's studio to Beat the Time and win the cookie

-Forgetful Jones's Oklahoma film

-any time the baker fell down the stairs

-Ernie singing "Dance Myself to Sleep" and the sheep carrying Bert outside

-the Alligator King tripping on the rug and falling on his face

-Don Music's self-inflicted pain on the piano

-Grover making sure Kermit can use his otherwise useless for frogs products

-Ernie trying to get the H off Bert's TV and somehow finding all the h-objects inside the tube

-the Little Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe saddling Kermit with her children on bowling night

-all the times Telly sat in the broken chair and spilled the popcorn everywhere

greg

Reaction score
I loved it when Miss Muffet screamed at Kermit for trying to get her to follow the story..." Curds & Whey!!! I dont eat curds & whey! Have you ever tasted curds & whey?--WELL THEY'RE YUCKY SO DON'T TELL ME I GOTTA EAT 'EM!!!"

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I just saw the episode with Mr. Square today, and I think he's silly! To Quote Mr. Square: "THOSE CRAZY KIDS, THEY'RE GONNA DO IT!!!!!!"

That's what I CALL FUNNY!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Son of Enik said:
All of the Kermit and Grover bits in the early days cracked me up, Jim and Frank just had such a chemistry. The Ernie and Bert bits too, especailly the Sandbox game ("I 1 the sandbox, etc...)

Great stuff!!
I taught my niece the "I 1 the Sandbox" game last year (she was 5 then) .And she loved it! :smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Aw Kathy, that's so cute!
:smile: As for me, I liked it whenever Kermit got flustered, which seemed to happen often when working with other commical muppets such as Forgetful or Grover!
:smile:
:simpathy:

PinballStewie

Reaction score
Re: Funniest SS Moments

Here's mine:

"You said IIIIIIIIIII-KLahoma!!! It's not IIIIIIIIIIII-KLahoma, it's O-klahoma!!! See? O-klahoma."

That one ROCKED!!!

A close second would be the London Fog skit, which also featured Kermit the Frog. (Perhaps if it were remade they'd feature a "London blog" of some sort in the skit to hip kids to pop culture references.)

Others include Willie Wimple (Yeecccchhh!!!; Not saying it's bad, I just love the part where they said "Yeecchhh!!!". For some reason, I thought this was about cavemen throwing garbage when I was little.), the Bellhop skit for # 20 'cuz he sounds dazed 'n' confused when he asks the store clerk for "twennn-tyy...", and "You're Alive" by Chrissy and the Alphabeats, which is more just plain silly than it is truly funny but I love the examples they pick for what's not alive 'cuz their ridiculous (clock, rock, ice cream cone, telephone)