Funniest SS Skit In Ages: Spidermonster!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's not really the return of Jerry, he's still be there all this time, it's just he isn't physically capable of doing actual puppetry very much these days (hence why he's retired from The Muppets altogether), but still will dub the voices for his characters.

But aside from that, yes, this is not only the funniest SST bit in ages, but it's ALSO the most clever one they've had in a while as well.

zns

Reaction score
It's not just the return of Jerry Nelson, but the return of Frank Oz. I wonder if this will make it on the Spoofs DVD.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I was thinking that too, probably dubbed as a Sneak Peak for Season 42.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not really the return of Jerry, he's still be there all this time, it's just he isn't physically capable of doing actual puppetry very much these days (hence why he's retired from The Muppets altogether), but still will dub the voices for his characters.
Yeah. He's still on Sesame Street, just only as a voice actor for his characters while Matt manipulates them He never really left, unlike Frank who just comes in every other season or so. Mr. Johnson's on every so often... wasn't he on a street story either this or last season? Last time we saw Frank was 2 seasons ago, I know that for sure (that's where MadMen came in).

But yeah, this is a no holds barred snarky little parody of something that shouldn't be in the first place. I love Spidey and all, but Superheroes and Musicals don't mix. Remember "It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Superman?" No one does. The only thing that came out of a proposed Batman musical was a parody at the beginning of an episode of Batman Beyond (Elderly Bruce Wayne, witnessing the debacle said "It's Swarbage!") Musicals based on movies could go either way (Producers and Spamalot went the good way, others just sounded too ridiculous... I mean, The Wedding Singer?). Spider-Man the Musical is an unfortunate thing. At least they got the look of Mary Jane right.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really like how the camera pans from Mr. Johnson to the stage. I don't think you see that kind of camera work in SS too often. :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It seems that since season 39, the directing has gotten quite advanced.

beaker

Reaction score
Man I've been seriously missing out. Ya know, I kind of got used to the idea that Sesame Street had gotten elmo'fied, coddling and quite lame. And I'd catch Sesame Street on tv once in a great while, maybe pick up the dvds when they were on sale. But yeah, Sesame Street in the last couple seasons has become really really good. Almost as if they're also appealing to adults in some way(spice commercial, Cookie SNL spoof)

Wait, this is FRANK OZ too? Am I that out of the loop? No wonder this is one of the most brilliant Sesame things Ive ever seen. I normally think of Sesame stuff as "d'aw, thats cute...heh"...but never laugh out loud funny. This is seriously good stuff.

So question: What are some other must see brilliant skits on Sesame's official youtube channel? And why arent more Muppet fans aware of the new era of Sesame awesomeness? Sesame got my attention with the amazing Murray segments, but this is taking the greatness to a whole new level

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They're not skits, but I reccommend watching two new songs from the past season on their YouTube channel:
"I Love My Hair"
"I Wonder".

They actually had a lot of good inserts this season (except those number-pebble bits, but at least they were short).