Funniest Muppet Moments

Salmoto

Reaction score
In the Gilda Ratner episode when she asked for a 6 foot talking parrot to ding opera with and instead they give her a 6 foot talking CARROT.

The John Cleese episode when Kermit tries to get John to sing a duet, which becomes a chorus.

"There ain't nobody here but us chickens" If only for Steve Whitmire's Brooklyn bronx accent accenting the song.

Rowlf and Lew Zealand singing Tea For two backwards
"aet rof owt dna owt rof aet"

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lorde Pompeo
That musical sketch in The Muppet Show, when Kermit and some guys sing that song from "Sound of Music"...

Kermit: That was supposed to be BO!
Scooter: Bo, a bear, a female bear...
Kermit: NO!
Annie Sue: No, a near, a female near...

Kermit: Oh... What the hay...
Green Guy: Hay, a huop of huolden hun!

Kermit: FOZZIE!
Fozzie: A name I call myself!

That sktech is just amazing!!!!!!! By the way, does that green guy have a name?
where can i download that song (the muppet version, of coarse)

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
A lot of my favorite funny moments have already been listed (many by TravellingMatt :smile:). But there are a few others I'd like to mention. It's all in the diaologue...

From the Julie Andrews ep... Kermit and Scooter discover a new addition backstage...

Kermit: Scooter, go find out who that cow belongs to.
Scooter: Right. *goes up to the cow* Who do you belong to?
Kermit: Scooter!

From the Brooke Shields ep...the introduction to the Jabberwocky scene...

Scooter: Make this a good intro, Chief. This scene needs all the help it can get!
Kermit: Yeah, well you're in the scene so you know what it is.
Scooter: *pulling a "he can't be serious!" face* Have you seen the scene? Even when you know what it is, you don't KNOW what it is!

From the Kenny Rogers ep...Kermit's been having a bad day, so Robin decides to lend a hand...

Robin: My uncle Kermit's been having kind of a bad day. He keep falling down on the job. So I thought I'd step in as heir apparant.
Kermit: Robin!

From the Rudolph Nureyev ep...even when Sam wants things to be nice, not everyone's gonna be satisfied...

Kermit: Boy, Sam's sure got this placed spruced up for Rudolph Nureyev.
Scooter: Yeah. I don't mind that so much, but me an' Robin are mad we gotta wear these formal clothes.
Kermit: You and Robin? Where's Robin?
Scooter: Oh, right here.
*He pulls up a top hat and, yup, there's Robin*
Robin: It's the only hat I could find.

-Kim

Natalie

Reaction score
Ok, definitely the bit with the swedish chef and the 3-D movie thing in MTM, mainly the popcorn part of it, probably because it reminded me of somebody. also, the scene in that movie with Miss Piggy's makeover in the department store (see my quote in my sig below)

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i also loved the whole Elvis thing in Muppet Classic Theater. I laughed my ***** off when Kermit and Robin decided to surprise them with the sequin jump suits and the yell "Surprise!" and the Elvis act all 'caught-off-guard'

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by punkNpuppets
i also loved the whole Elvis thing in Muppet Classic Theater. I laughed my ***** off when Kermit and Robin decided to surprise them with the sequin jump suits and they yell "Surprise!" and the Elvis act all 'caught-off-guard'

The Great Gonzo

Reaction score
I love Fozzie and Kermit performing The World's Funniest Joke. Good grief, the comedian's a bear! No he's not, he's a wearin' a neckatie!

And, from the Muppet rendition of "We Wish You A Merry Christmas," there's this gem:
All: And bring us some figgy pudding...
Piggy: Piggy pudding?
Gonzo: No, no, no. Figgy pudding. With figs.
Piggy: Oh.
Gonzo: And bacon.

Beauregard

Reaction score

And, from the Muppet rendition of "We Wish You A Merry Christmas," there's this gem:
All: And bring us some figgy pudding...
Piggy: Piggy pudding?
Gonzo: No, no, no. Figgy pudding. With figs.
Piggy: Oh.
Gonzo: And bacon. [/B]

The pig says 'Oh sorry' not 'oh' But yeah I agree that is quite funny, folowed by, WON'T GO WON'T GO WON'T GO WON'T GO from Animal.

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Another favourite is on the Muppet Show when Piggy sings the calpso song about Kermit and kermit comes on stage and sings:

"Frog has come to have his say
The PIg will never get her way
Bib and Napkin, Knife and Fork,
Is the only way that I'll touch pork!"

I don't know why I find that so funny - I just do :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah. That is funny. I actually have that one on video. It's a bit out of character for Kermit though. I know he sort of ignored Miss Piggy on "The Muppet Show," but that was the first I've seen him say something that rude to her.