Funko to release Sesame Street toys

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Now, that I have I seen the prototype, I defiantly buying Grover and Ernie. More than likely I going to get the Count and Cookie Monster. Probably Bert, Oscar, Big Bird, and Snuffy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nice compromise with Cookie's eyes here. They all look essentially like what I pictured. Nice to know Big Bird and Snuffy get the larger sized figures to be in some sort of scale.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm excited by the Futurama and Bravest Warriors Pops just as much. Too bad there's no Bob's Burgers ones. That's the one license you'd swear that they'd acquire.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I was intrigued by the Futurama Funko figures although surprised that we got the Devil Robot before Zoidberg but I probably will get Bender at some point.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This toyfair article has some of the prototypes. Looking good so far. Shame they're not slated until fall or late summer at the earliest. I like how Ernie and Bert look like they come with figure bases like Manolo from Book of Life (got that one cheap yesterday).

Yeah, weird that Zoidberg's not in the line up, right? That's the one you'd think they'd have. Then again, no Hermes, Zapp, Professor, or Lrr either. So maybe there's to be a second series if they sell well enough?

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
You know who would make a good funko? Nibbler, he basically looks like one already and I agree about Zoidberg, hope they make a series 2.

Great article, it's a shame Manhattan Toys removed Mokey, Junior and Uncle Matt from the line up and here I was foolishly expecting Ma Gorg and Pa Gorg to join them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really didn't care much for Manhattan Toys' Fraggle Rock line. I liked how they had Sprocket, Mokey, and the other characters they dropped, but other than that, Sababa did a much better job in terms of quality. Too bad they didn't have much of a selection. I'm sure the Manhattan Toys had very high quality fabric, but didn't get the fabric eyes right. Sometimes not even the color.

As far as the Funko line is concerned, it makes me wonder why so many 1980's John Hughes movies were made into figures. Wonder if this means a Home Alone series for Christmas. That would certainly be more interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if Toy Fair was only part of what they plan to release this year. Most of them come as a surprise to me anyway.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
As far as the Funko line is concerned, it makes me wonder why so many 1980's John Hughes movies were made into figures.
Maybe they'll makke figures based on the Dennis the Mennis movie and Baby's Day Out.

What I wonder is why their figure of Chucky is promoted on the packaging as Child's Play 2 instead of just Child's Play. I don't think there were toys of other characters from that movie, and it appears to be regular Chuckie instead of some variant from the movie.