Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Is anybody who has the picture going to post the picture somewhere for us to see?

I think it's okay to dumb things down for kids, but in reality while many parents are going to buy these things for their kids you have to realize that there is a much larger market for collectors, and even though it's still strong SS is very nostalgic and is marketable in that direction (Sesame Unpaved, anyone?), and lots of adults--when facing an item to purchase and seeing much of what they remember as a kid--will jump at the chance to grab these toys up.

I have some SS action figures from years ago--in the 80's--and they were okay. Big Bird, Oscar, Bert, Ernie, Cookie and Grover. Big Bird swivels at the neck, shoulders, waist; Oscar pops up and down in his can and it locks--push the sides and his head pops up; T joints in the crotch of both, but Bert and Ernie also had swivel necks and shoulders; cookie had a cookie in his hand (a YELLOW cookie!) and swivelled at the neck, shoulders, hips; Grover was rubberized and had bendy arms and legs. How'd they compare in likness to the characters? they were okay, but nothing to write home about.

I'm very curious to see these pictures, and can't wait to hear from our friend from Fun 4 All.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Is anybody who has the picture going to post the picture somewhere for us to see?
The pics will be up on MC a little bit later today. I will post in this thread once they are on-line.

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I have a question: When you say "stylized," what do ya mean?
My question too Kev. I hope Stylized does not mean they are based moore on the cartoon-like illustrations of the characters and not the puppets. That they are paying attention to coloring is a good sign. I wonder too if accessories will be true to the show over the years. Be neat to get Muppet Alphabet letters and Guy Smiley with some of the "object" game show participants or characters with an Anything Muppet pack-in. Know one thing for sure if they are the same size as Palisades (which would be too perfect almost to believe) reporter Kermit could be reporting some new Muppet News Flashes. As much SS stuff that has been sounds like they have the opportunity to make a product that pushes other stuff aside. I hope they are better packed than the company that makes the Gremlins action figures and Christmas Story action figures. The accessorties with both are limited and not very good. Don't think I can keep MOC of SS too with the Palisades. Will run out of room. LOL

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya, Chad. Seems from prior posts that 'stylized' does mean cartoony. As far as what the others are saying (and I need to see it to make a judgement) the figures are not nearly as detailed or articulated as Palisades, and our Fun 4 All informant stated that it would be close to the scale of Palisades. Unfortunately, they already began their S.1 figures and didn't consult the fanbase first which Ken and Company did do.

I'm interested to see these pics, so thanks for getting them up, Phil!

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Unfortunately, they already began their S.1 figures and didn't consult the fanbase first which Ken and Company did do
Actually Ken did more or less exactly the same thing with S1 and had it mostly all pre-planned and in some early stage of production. We had more influence on the S2 and S3 sculpts here. Also, with these priced and marketed right, I wouldn't say the collectors base is larger than the kiddie one. I would guess the two are very similar in size for Sesame and the trick is to get both buying the stuff. It would depend where they are stocked i guess - will it be more comic shoips or more TRU ?

Jamie - I was agreeing with you really ( I know it's not often - ha !). Fun-4-All didn't do themselves any favors by making that Palisades comparison themselves and should maybe have gone for the explanation that these are made for a broader audience. To reach that i'd also agree the price needs to come down to about $5-6. I don't see a big need for accessories with Sesame Street characters so maybe that's the key.

pdiresta

Reaction score
floydnjanicefan said:
Are their going to be any playsets? Also, I saw the pictures of the first wave and they look great... I really love Oscar and Grover. But I have a few questions about the figures

-Can you tell us the approximate height of each of the five figures?
-Would it be possible to add texturing on the faces of Ernie and Bert to give them the puppet look?
-Is Ernie going to come with a Rubber Duckie?
-Is Bert going to come with Bernice the pigeon?

That is all of the questions that I have for now... Thanks
All the figures will be texturized (alla the muppets figures)
they will all come with a "sesame street" base,
proper accessories: ernie-rubber duckie and a banana.
bert- bernice, cookiemonster- cookies, and a tea cup etc....
***they will all also come with a letter character (with eyes),
that is about 2 1/2"!!!
Ernie comes with an "E", cookie a "C", grover a "G", and bert a "W"??? ... figure it out guys.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to be late with this message of greeting, but velcome pdiresta to the vonderful vorld of the Muppets found here at Muppet Central's forum! Sent you my list of figural choices and I hope to hear from you soon. Hope you enjoy your stay here and have a haunted day!

matleo

Reaction score
pdiresta said:
Ernie comes with an "E", cookie a "C", grover a "G", and bert a "W"??? ... figure it out guys.

hmmm...I think we've just been told the plan is for 26 figures. Interesting.

--Matt

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update on the figures, pdiresta. Asking us to figure out why Bert would come with a W Muppet is asking us to figure out why Ernie would come with a banana. The answer obviously makes reference to Bert as the leader of the W-Lovers Club, though I think a W Muppet would be a better accessory for a figure of Sergeant Thursday and a plain W accessory would be better for Bert himself.
Still waiting for your reply to my E-mail, but I can wait until you have the info requested. Thanks once again and have a haunted day.

Status
Not open for further replies.