Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Mr. Diresta, give them all our love and tell them we like to buy toys. We like to buy a lot of toys. When they're well-made.

I'm sorry if we're overwhelming you. This line could be a Sesame Street fan's dream come true.

Bring it on, daddy!

:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So where's all the big news from the meeting that was supposedly to take place today between Mr. Pdiresta and Sesame Workshop? What happened with the concept art and sculpts for the figures? Were some of the suggestions from this thread validated and thus to be incorporated in future revisions of the prototypes?
Just curious to get out the interest for these figures once again.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Where's the love? Where's the Sesame goodness? I guess we'll have to wait. :smirk:

pdiresta

Reaction score
hey all,
sorry I havent posted in a while.... been real busy. BUT, good news!
The meeting went wel wit Ses workshop. Lots of revisions.....bert's head will be totally redone, cookie WON'T have 5 toes?!, ernie's head will be smaller, bert's larger, cookie's eyes smaller, grover's feet smaller, cookie and oscar's fur "crazier" , their proportions will be much closer to the actual character's.....the "textures" will all be added...there are a ton more comments, but I ain't listing everything! (i know you all want me to). I mentioned all the characters that the "fans" want to see, and they were very excited.... Guy, 2 headed monster, telly, herry, mumford.... they were also very excited at the thought of doing a "chase" orange oscar, and a possible clear Snuffy down the line...So overall, good meeting, still lots of work to do, I'll keep y'all updated, you'll see the revised characters in a few weeks! Ciao!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
pdiresta said:
hey all,
The meeting went wel wit Ses workshop. Lots of revisions.....bert's head will be totally redone, cookie WON'T have 5 toes?!, ernie's head will be smaller, bert's larger, cookie's eyes smaller, grover's feet smaller, cookie and oscar's fur "crazier" , their proportions will be much closer to the actual character's.....the "textures" will all be added...there are a ton more comments, but I ain't listing everything! (i know you all want me to). I mentioned all the characters that the "fans" want to see, and they were very excited.... Guy, 2 headed monster, telly, herry, mumford.... they were also very excited at the thought of doing a "chase" orange oscar, and a possible clear Snuffy down the line...So overall, good meeting, still lots of work to do, I'll keep y'all updated, you'll see the revised characters in a few weeks! Ciao!
Wow! That is certainly encouraging. Thanks for the update. Will be anxiously awaiting the pictures. :smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I like the sound of all those revisions. If all turns out well, I can see myself getting into this line. Since my only issue with Grover was the size of his feet, I think he's a definate buy/ I also like that an orange Oscar variant was liked by Sesame Workshop. And I didn't even think about a clear Snuffy!

With proportions being fixed and Bert's head getting a total resculpt, I've found a new interest and excitement in this line. In a month or so, when the sculpts are done and shown (assuming it takes that long) I'll know for sure how into this line I'll be getting. It may even force me to get a job to support both lines.

Luke

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
It may even force me to get a job to support both lines.
Oh god, no Wiggy, not that, anything but that - the ultimate sacrifice ! :embarrassed:

Just kiddin ya ! :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Mr. Pdiresta for taking the time to come here and let us know what's happening with the prototypes as you approach the final tooling and release next year. I'll wait for the pictures to be shown of the new revisions and for someone to describe them to me.
There's still just one major issue that should be addressed when sculpting/creating these figures. Will you continue to base the original sculpts on these "cartoonish" versions of the characters or will you attempt to strive for better likenesses between the figures and images of the puppets themselves?
This seems to be the one question still unanswered which would help settle a lot of doubts in a lot of us coming here and trying to help the growth of the new line with our suggestions, and it would also help qualm the concerns many have when considering whether to buy the figures or not once they're released.
Hope this made sense, that it helps and you have a good day, and that we'll hear from you soon on this topic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
pdiresta said:
hey all,
OOOOhhhh I am all a tingle!!!! And they liked the Toix Orange Oscar chase varient as well... I am not too fond of Chase Varients on the whole, but an "Invisable Snuffy" and season one Oscar will definately get me going!

Status
Not open for further replies.