Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJC899

Reaction score
Wow, S1 sounds amazing! I wish I could see the picutures.

My top 10 would be:
-Bert
-Ernie
-Big Bird
-Grover
-Count Von Count
-Elmo
-Oscar
-Zoe
-Cookie Monster
-Telly

:big_grin:

P

Philo and Gunge

Once again, my mother won't let me buy them.

She NEVER lets me buy SS merchandie. When I wanted to get "Put Down The Duckie" on DVD, but she would't let me. But my brother got "Monster Hits", he is younger.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Philo, what do you mean your mom won't buy you your Sesame Street stuff? That's negative discrimination!

Whatever, the name of the dog you're thinking of is Barkley. His name was going to be Woof-Woof, but a bunch of the grown-ups voted and it became Barkley instead.

Ben, I wish I could see the pictures of the figures too, but then again, there's my blindness stopping me from enjoying the pics.
As for this figure line, I'm marginally skeptical and might not end up being satisfied until I find them in the stores next year, buy one, and start playing with it to see if it reaches the same level of loving care as Palisades' Muppets figures.
Got a wishlist of figures too, but I'll leave that for later.
Hope this helps and have a haunted day.

P

Philo and Gunge

I meant to say that she won't let me buy SS stuff with MY money.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Other than the ones released, my top 10...

1. Telly monster
  2. Herry Monster
  3. Don Music
  4. Frazzle
  5. Sherlock Hemlock
  6. Gladys the cow
  7. Forgetful Jones
  8. Martians (yip yips)
  9. Benny Rabbit
  10. Waiter Grover

WiGgY

Reaction score
pdiresta said:
I would like to announce that Fun-4-All corp., will be producing a Sesame Street Action Figure line (due out March 2004)!!! They are going to be a little more stylized than Palisades' Muppets line, but they will have the same level of detail, articulation, and quality. Next year is the 35th anniversary of Sesame Street, so this line is coming out at the perfect time! We have plans to do all of the coolest characters down the line.... So please let me know who all of your favorite characters are! I definitely would appreciate all the comments and feedback I can get. I really want to make this toy line a success, and being a fellow collector, I think I can give you guys what you want.
Well, I have some feedback based on the prototype pictures I have seen. To be honest I'm a little dissappointed. I have a problem with the following issues.

1. Articulation. If these pictures are any indication the articulation of these figures is lackings. The arms are swivel cuts instead of ball jointed shoulders. To me, that is a big dissappointment. Also the leg articulation is lacking. No knee joints or ankle swivels. No t crotch on Bert or Ernie. Oscar doesn't appear to have any articulation at all. I wouldn't really call these fully articulated.

2. Sculpts. The sculpts are pretty good actually. They all seem to be a little bit off, but not bad. The only one that I just about hate is Bert. It's all wrong. The puppet's eye brow can't even go into that position. Also, he is preposed and doesn't seem to be able to go into any natural poses. Again this is in part due to lack of certain articulation points. Cookie Monster having a cookie sculpted into his hand is dissappointing as well and having Oscar sculpted into his can with a scram sign sculpted into the can is a bit dissappointing as well. He seems to be more of a PVC figure than an action figure.

3. Colors. Cookie is a bit too light but other than that all the colors look ok to me.

4. Likeness compared to the puppets. Even though the sculpts looks good for 3 out of 4 of the figures, there is a lack of puppet likeness. All of the figures seem to be based on cartoon drawings of the characters instead of the actual puppets. I can see why this approach would be used for Cookie Monster, but I don't see why this approach was used to sculpt the others. Basically they are detailed figures based off of cartoons Sesame Street characters, but they don't have that puppet look. Maybe additional texture and less exagerated sculpts would fix that.

5. Accessories. None are shown and no mention of accessories has been made. I'm hoping that some fantastic and realistic accressories are made, especially if the price will be that of the palisades figures.

Sorry for the brutal honesty, but I'm hoping there is time to fix any if not all of this perceived problems.

pxlforge

Reaction score
My top 10 Sesame Muppets are as follows...

1. Bert
  2. Ernie
  3. Cookie Monster
  4. Oscar the Grouch
  5. Prarie Dawn
  6. Sherlock Hemlock
  7. Big Bird
  8. Grover
  9. Count von Count
  10. Guy Smiley
[/QUOTE]

These 10 would make me a happy collector

Luke

Reaction score
Congratulations on the license. I wondered if these will be aimed at speciality collectors or more at mass retail ? Also will you be producing exclusives and chase figures ? Other than that, welcome to the forum, you definitely came to the right place for big Sesame/Muppets fans.

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Here are my ideas for figures,playsets,varients and boxed sets based on various sketches from Sesame Street...Feel free to comment or add to it.

Figures with possible Accessories:

Guy Smiley with microphone,Large Nose,and a Letter

The Honkers - preferably a Green,Blue and Pink one with noses that honk

Amazing Mumford with removeable cape & hat, magic table stand and magic hat with rabbit and a peanut butter sandwich

Don Music with piano and beethoven bust

Herry Monster with red & white striped pants as seen in various books,teddy bear and barbell

Frazzle with real fur, tounge hanging out of mouth and chain around neck

Lefty the Salesman with jacket that opens to revel the Letter O

Bruno with either a grip on hand to hold Oscar or a small Oscar in can comes with figure

The Count with removeable cape,pipe organ,bats and a number

Characters I can't think of accessories for:

The Big Bad Wolf - seen in many segments on Sesame Street
Sam the Robot
Betty Lou
Barkley
Granny Bird
Harvey Kneeslapper

Special Editions/Varients/Exclusives
Bathtub/Rubber Duckie Ernie with towel,tub with bubbles,scrub brush, and rubber duckie

Alistaire Cookie with chair,pipe and various books

Bathtub Brad with Uncle Bert and bathtub toys

Box Set
Follow That Bird featuring Miss Finch & The Dodos
Little Jerry &The Monotones with phone booth,the #4,microphones and instruments
Chrissy &The Alphabets

Playsets:

Construction Playset with Biff & Sully

Ernie & Berts Bedroom/Living Room with Beds,Chairs,drumset and bedtime Ernie and Bert in pajamas and 2 sheep

Tweedlebug House with Tweddlebug Family and large stamp and Tweddlebug car

Moon Playset with the Yup Yup Martians and Elmo,Ernie and Cookie Monster in space outifts from either their song or skit about the moon

Snuffleupagus Cave with Snuffy and Alice

Wild Wild West Saloon with either Cowyboy Elmo,Wild West Grover,Sinister Sam,Bad Bart,Forgetful Jones and Buster the Horse

King Prawn

Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is fantastic, I hoped to start saving for a Car next year but I can't see my self driving in one next year, I'm going to go broke and in a way I love it.

My ten choices would have to be (apart from those in Series 1)

1) Big Bird -How can you not have him-
2) The Count -my all time fave character-
3) Regular Grover
4) The Two-Headed Monster
5) Sherlock Helmlock
6) Telly
7) Snuffalopigus (Sp?)
8) Honkers!!!!!!!!!!!
9) Elmo
10) Waiter Grover

Status
Not open for further replies.