1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Full Puppet Up Uncensored Hour Online!

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by beaker, Apr 14, 2007.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

The full hour long Puppet Up Uncensored is finally online
    (broken into 6 parts)
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=puppetup

Absolutely amazing stuff, glad I finally got to see it. Im not sure theres been anything that edgy in Jim Henson land since the Jim Henson Hour, tho nothing that confrontationally risque since Land of Gorch. I loved the opening
    Joe the Armadillo with the lady Possum sketch talking about where babies come from, the Forrest Gump existential thing, the trailer park movie trampoline sketch, and the "fake boob" opera(the scene with Waffle Monkey and the Mighty Favog type thing was classic)

I wish this could come to dvd, and I hope they keep putting up more shorts on TBS. If only this could be a regular series on TBS, I was definately impressed(if only Bill Baretta could be brought back on for this)
  2. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I was just watching Of Muppets and Men on YouTube (also in six parts) when you posted this. I'll prolly watch this afterwards, since I haven't seen this since November.

I agree with you, I really hope this comes to DVD. Maybe if the online shorts ever end (and let's be honest, they aren't gonna go on forever) they can release the special and the shorts in one DVD.
  3. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

Oh gosh, thanks Beaker! *dances*
  4. PhsychoChimp

PhsychoChimp New Member

Best skit.. "Try to catch that train." Blah!
  5. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I am so glad this got a bump because someone posted the muppet show live on there. SO happy about that!
  6. I transfered the show onto DVD from my dvr. Really good transfer, except that for some reason the recording skips ahead 3 or 4 seconds during the George Michael sketch. Completely home-made DVD, but I made it for fear that they would never have it online anywhere!
  7. wendygirl

wendygirl New Member

I have bookmarked that YouTube page so I can watch them later. Now I have a question, which for you puppet/Muppet affiecienados is going to sound strange. I have never heard of this. :confused: I do not have cable. Was this a show that was on cable at one time? Can someone give me some background on Puppet Up Uncensored? Thanks.
  8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Puppet up is a tour that some Muppet/puppet prefromers incudling Brian Henson go to shows like Vages and such and do there show. Kind of like a magic show or somthing. They get suggestions from the aduiance (like Who's Line is it Anyway)
    Then they inprov what they do. (Who's line)
    They then put it on TBS a cable network.
    That is what puppet up is.
  9. wendygirl

wendygirl New Member

Thank you. It's good to know the background before I start watching. :)
  10. wendygirl

wendygirl New Member

Just got done watching all five episodes plus a bunch of other stuff that popped up, like the screen tests for the Muppet Movie that Jim and Frank did where they are laughing so much. Funny stuff. Loved Puppet Up. Glad I stopped by here today. :D
  11. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

yea puppet up is really good, i didn't like it at frist but watched it again and loved it.
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I should stress that this is a Rated R show, definately may be inappropriate for some viewers/families. My mom and I thought it was hillarious too.

I'm sad Statler and Waldorf From the Balcony is no more, but Puppet Up makes up for it
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Out of fear they'd take this down I finally got a chance to see it last night and I have this to say....

How the frog come this isn't on DVD and we have to have every bad movie with a sequal coming out ever made to have a "deluxe" version with one small special feature that's different? How the frog come TBS isn't putting this wonder hillarious brillaint work of comedic brillaince on DVD?

I was thrilled to see that Paul Rugg, whom most of you know as a head writer from Animaniacs and Voice of Freakazoid is a puppeteer now. I think his camera mugging was the funniest bit I've seen during the show.

This proves that puppetry is an artform, like animation or theater, and not some "let's park our kids down to watch Sesame Street" type deal. Jokes about George Michael (if you know it, you know it, if you don't , you don't) and bizzarro bead time stories... now that's the way to do it. You just don't randomly mention nipples (like a certain Muppet movie did) for "adult" effect.

They have to HAVE to make more of these. This can't just be a stand alone series. This is too bloody good not to revisit over and over.
  14. Mr Devco

Mr Devco New Member

whats your favorite sketch on that episode? My would have to be repeats especiall when they were told to each enraged