From Broadway With Love

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
I didn't see any new threads about this, so I'm creating one now. Yesterday's "From Broadway with Love" benefit concert in Connecticut featured an appearance by some Sesame Street characters; including the long-absent Grundgetta, and the even longer absent Herry Monster! That’s right, Herry Monster, performed by Tyler Bunch! Somehow, I knew he’d get one of Jerry’s characters, given his versatility. Wonder if he’ll be taking up Herry full-time after this.

Anyway, you can watch some of the appearance here

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Goodness gracious. How unexpected! I guess with them lacking Elmo for the moment, they're finding new characters to make appearances. Grundgetta hasn't been on the show since season 40!

But Herry, wow. There are portions where he like Herry in "I Can't Help It". I think Tyler could make it a little more "Durante" as Jerry did, but otherwise, that was great!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So did Herry speak at this event or was he just there to be there?

I would have thought Matt Vogel would have taken over Herry. I guess he's out in England doing "The Muppets... Again" so couldn't make it.

It's interesting how the only Muppets at the event are underratted/underused characters. Rosita's the only one that's really current (I didn't know Grundgetta has been unseen for awhile). No Big Bird or Oscar, no Telly, no Murray, no Zoe... Interesting.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I think Tyler's a pretty good Herry. I'd love to hear the new Count soon.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with the fact that Pam and Tyler are Connecticut residents, this was a concert to benefit a Connecticut school, hence why we get Herry and Grundgetta. The filming of The Muppets... Again had something to do with their presence definitely but still, great to see them. Tyler's Herry is going to take a while to get used to, but he at least the integrity of the character down.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Oh, yeah. The filming never occurred to me. I guess all they have left now is Marty, Caroll, Carmen and Fran; the only guys with regular characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I would have thought Matt Vogel would have taken over Herry. I guess he's out in England doing "The Muppets... Again" so couldn't make it.
Taking filming the movie out of the equation... well, look at it this way. Eric does most of Frank's old roles except Cookie Monster, who's played by Dave. Steve Whitmire has a great deal of Jim's roles, but Bill does the other half, and Eric was Guy Smiley on occasion. Just because one performer takes on a bunch of another performer's roles, that doesn't mean that multiple puppeteers can't be recast as one performer's cast of characters.

When it comes to recasting characters, voice comes after personality and availability. I'm really liking Tyler's Herry. He has a history of bombastic characters, and Herry will fit right in. Heck, we'd probably get something closer to classic 70's, early 80's Herry with him. It just needs some time to refine and perfect it. Like how Eric's Bert sounded deeper and more glottal when he first took on the role, now he sounds almost exactly like Frank.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Taking filming the movie out of the equation... well, look at it this way. Eric does most of Frank's old roles except Cookie Monster, who's played by Eric.
You mean Dave Rudman, my friend. :insatiable: