Frogs are Funny- Awesome new joke book!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Hey Everyone;
My pre-ordered copy of Frogs are Funny- The Most Sensational, Inspirational, Celebrational, Muppetational Muppets Joke Book Ever- just came from Amazon today!

to be honest I did not have a lot of great expectations for this book, but I thought it would be cute anyway so I bought it- Thankfully I was pleaseantly surprised

The book is a smaller, square-shaped, HARD-COVER book (totally thought it was going to be thin and flimsy from the on-line photos. The book jacket looks great and if you take the book jacket off, the actual cover of the hard book is a really neat pattern that is different pairs of Muppet eyes.

The book is also fairly long, it has 195 fantastic color pages of Muppet jokes, lines and gags from different Muppet productions- another total surprise (I thought it was going to be new material but I like this a lot better). Each page or series of pages is a great joke, line from either the Muppet Show, Muppet Movie, Great Muppet caper (not Muppets Take Manhattan, Christmas Carol, or Muppets from Space) Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets Wizard of Oz (eh), and two jokes from the new The Muppets- why they chose the movies they did and the ones they didn't, I don't know.

Each color page comes with great pictures of the muppets in a wide variety of different backgrounds and designs for each page, very bright and colorful. All of the main characters you would expect are in the book, including a few pages of Mildred Huxtetter and George the Janitor! (No Muppets Tonight characters). I loved reading through the book- it was like a great trip down memory lane through some of my fave parts of muppet movies and show sketches! (I'll definitely post some pics on here)

The most peculiar thing that I thought about the book was that, they didn't say where the jokes and lines were coming from as you were reading the book (whether it was from The Muppet Movie, the Muppet Show etc.) I thought- this is odd, people who are not die-hard fans are going to be extremely confused reading some of these jokes and lines because the context and funniness of the joke come from the context of the Muppet project it was from. Thankfully at the end of the book they included an index which shows what project each joke comes from and even has a tally of the number of jokes each character has in the book (Fozzie of course has the most with 35). I think I like it better this way becasue as I was reading through the book, I was trying to guess where the quotes came from- This book equals a great trivia game for die hard muppet fans!!! A vast majority of the jokes come from the Muppet Show, which I liked but I was also elated when they included my two favorite Muppet jokes of all time, both of which were in Muppet Treasure Island (I'll post the pics of them on here).

So to make a long story short, if you haven't ordered the book yet, you definitely should. I pre-ordered it from Amazon for $10 and it is definitely worth it! It has its kinks like many other muppet merchandise has (wished they would have included Muppets tonight, etc.) but it is definitely a great buy and extremely fun read. This hard-cover book makes a great addition to any muppet-collector's shelf and hopefully if a lot of people buy it, we'll see more great products in the future.

I'll post some pics soon

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Here are some pics:
here you can see the relative size of the book, and it's in hardcover!

here is the book without the dust jacket- the eyes are watching you!

my favorite muppet joke/line ever!!!

Second favorite Muppet joke/line ever!! Go MTI!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I expected it to be as big as the Sesame Street 40th anniversary book. What a surprise. It also sounds like it'll be better than I expected (though I still don't know if I want it more or not).

So does the book include a lot of "At the Dance" quotes?

Drtooth

Reaction score
man... when I heard Joke Book, I thought it would be just another one of those kiddy jokes that we've all heard and are sick of by now with character names randomly added in like other joke books.

Now I see this is a quirky quotebook with a funky design. Much, MUCH better. I'd definitely get something like this.

TSSD

Reaction score
Wow, I might actually have to get this now, this looks great!