Frightmare Alley

Teheheman

Reaction score
I REALLY don't want to do a shameless promotion for things because I know that's frowned upon in these forums, BUT a couple friends of mine and I started doing this B-movie horror show thing called Frightmare Alley where we'll do skits and show B-movies and things like that. We JUST did our first episode, which is on YouTube, and is gonna be on the Vortexx Channel starting May 7th at 9pm. I'm one of the host, and would LOVE your opinion. Also, like us on FB and you'll get...........well, probably nothing, but still I'd love it if you like us and give us your honest opinion.
http://www.youtube.com/FrightmareAlley
Sorry, I know people hate these things, and trust me, if I wasn't one of the guys in it, I wouldn't even be doing this, but I have to and if you all don't like it or this gets deleted, I understand why.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seeing as how this is over an hour, I'll take a look at it tomorrow, and give you an opinion on it.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Seeing as how this is over an hour, I'll take a look at it tomorrow, and give you an opinion on it.
Cool, thanks. Granted, it's our first try, so at least take that into consideration lol

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just got finished looking at the first episode, and I'm rully liking this so far...

Showcase shows like this are always cool, but I like the nature of this one, dedicated to B movies and spooky atmosphere, almost kind of like Elvira, only much more fun; the hosts are great, each of them, but also with their interaction and their bantering back-and-forth, especially with how out-of-place Chip Whitley seems (loved his feeble attempts at an evil laugh at the end). Can't decide which one is my favorite yet, like I said, individually, each of the hosts are great. In addition to all of that, I also love the jabs at pop culture as well, like the comments about the "Jersey Bores" (or is it Boars), and the cracks about Lady GaGa's wardrobe and how shocking it would be if she wore normal clothes. :laugh:

I only have one minor quibble that I think could be taken into consideration: the audio could use a little balancing out, either the music score is too loud, or the dialogue is too quiet, because the music drowns out the dialogue a bit, which makes it hard to hear exactly what they're saying, and I'm sure I probably missed a few of the jokes and comments, but again, for the most part, it's all great.

Now I'm just trying to figure out... you're Chip Whitley, aren't you?

Teheheman

Reaction score
I just got finished looking at the first episode, and I'm rully liking this so far...

Showcase shows like this are always cool, but I like the nature of this one, dedicated to B movies and spooky atmosphere, almost kind of like Elvira, only much more fun; the hosts are great, each of them, but also with their interaction and their bantering back-and-forth, especially with how out-of-place Chip Whitley seems (loved his feeble attempts at an evil laugh at the end). Can't decide which one is my favorite yet, like I said, individually, each of the hosts are great. In addition to all of that, I also love the jabs at pop culture as well, like the comments about the "Jersey Bores" (or is it Boars), and the cracks about Lady GaGa's wardrobe and how shocking it would be if she wore normal clothes. :laugh:

I only have one minor quibble that I think could be taken into consideration: the audio could use a little balancing out, either the music score is too loud, or the dialogue is too quiet, because the music drowns out the dialogue a bit, which makes it hard to hear exactly what they're saying, and I'm sure I probably missed a few of the jokes and comments, but again, for the most part, it's all great.

Now I'm just trying to figure out... you're Chip Whitley, aren't you?
How did you figure that out? Yes, I am Chip Whitley.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How did you figure that out? Yes, I am Chip Whitley.

Daniel
Easy, because you were the only one who didn't stand out. :stick_out_tongue:

I kid, mainly it's because a very white guy with long hair and glasses and a tacky suit has "Daniel Croxton" written all over it.

Well, on a serious note, I had a hunch... I actually wasn't sure if you were Chip, or actually Master Deaths, but I just had a feeling that my hunch that you were indeed Chip Whitley, lol.

bandit

Reaction score
This smacks of MST3K and that is always good! I do love the whole feel of the piece. It's very tongue in cheek and that works for these B-Budget horror flicks. CAMP is good!

If I may offer a suggestion- two actually! As much as I love your intro (And I seriously do! It's very well done.) you may want to shorten it a little. Don't keep people waiting TOO long till the meat and potatoes.
The second is that I would suggest better mics. I want to hear your banter more easily and with the distance you are from the audio, it's not always crystal clear.

Otherwise, I dig it! This is totally the kind of stuff I would and do watch all the time. Great job!

Teheheman

Reaction score
I'm glad you 2 like it, we're doing another one tomorrow and hope to continue the momentum and I hope that I, personally, do a better job at this lol.

Daniel

Teheheman

Reaction score
The new episode is up now, and I swear nothing makes you think you're a bad actor than seeing yourself doing it. BUT, I'm my own worst critic, I'll let you guys decide.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The new episode is up now, and I swear nothing makes you think you're a bad actor than seeing yourself doing it. BUT, I'm my own worst critic, I'll let you guys decide.

Daniel
I know how you feel, but I mean personally, I like what you have going on there, I think that's what makes your character all the more interesting that you've got this spooky setting, and spooky hosts presenting old B-movies, then there's this average joe hanging out with them, I like the dynamics you've got going on there. I will say you had a few more funnier lines in this one as opposed to the last one, like the "Ain't Got No Body" reference... and did you ad-lib literally dying of shock when you and Master Deat_'s fist bumped? That looked improvised to me, lol.

There were also some improvements with this episode too... I like how the lighting on your set was toned way down, that fit the embience of the location much better and made it look more authentic, as well as the audio levels were a little better too, so it was easier to hear you guys speak.

I do have one question though, are we to expect more of Sebastian Hexx's alter-egos, is this going to be a regular thing like we're to wonder who exactly he'll be this time, will it be random occurances, or was this just a one-shot thing?