Friends: Are you a Ross & Rachel fan or a Joey & Rachel Fan

King Prawn

Reaction score
Aswell as being a Huge Muppet Fan i'm also a large Friends Fan, there's some discussions going on in actual Friends forum about who you'd rather see together Ross & Rachel or Joey & Rachel.

It case you havn't figured it out i'm a huge, huge, huge Ross & Rachel fan and i hate whats happening with Joey & Rachel, anyway if you want the producers of Friends to know how much you want R&R to get together, please sign this petition http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?7db85lm7

The real reason for this thread is not for the petition but so that we can discuss this problem.

so lets discuss:smile:

DirthNader

Reaction score
Lord Prawn (if I may be so bold as to name you?), this is a troubling turn of events. I have very strong feelings about this particular subject and I am happy that you addressed it.

Let me start off by saying that my wife and I have the first three seasons of this '90's standard on DVD. In fact, we have a little over a dozen tapes capturing every possible Friends moment for future viewing pleasure. In other words, we are fans...to say the least.

Unfortunately, neither of us have been too interested in this last season and are even less interested in the upcoming one. I may even go so far as to say that we are a little outraged, though that is a pretty harsh term, at the prospect of one lat season.

Let's face it, they have taken these characters about as far as they can go and now they've gone all Soap Opera on their fans just to squeeze out another year. I am, to say the least, disappointed.

In light of that my friend, and while I applaud your noble efforts, I will not sign this pettion, but I do thank you for a forum in which to vent my frustration.

Man I need to get a life :smirk:

King Prawn

Reaction score
That's okay, no need to sign the petition (it's not mine anyway) i'm just glad to see another Muppets/Friends fan on here aswell as your views on this.

I for one am totally :mad: i didn't really mind it when Joey liked Rachel (although the thought of him liking one of his best friends ex-wife who at the time was carrying his child did bother me I still enjoyed the storyline and was ever so pleased when Rachel turned him down but now with Rachel wanting to go out with him (in a school girl way) i't bothers me.

I'm from the UK so i havn't seen season fianle yet (we're still on 821) but from the spoilers i read i can say i'm going to be very sick.

I mean whats the point of the last nine years, what was the point of Ross saying Rachel at the alter and the biggest of them all what was the point of Emma?

As i said i'm from the UK here we have until episode 912 on DVD and video and are waiting for the rest in July (21st if anyone cares to know) so the other day i watched the one with Ross' Wedding and i remember the first time i saw that i was a mess all summer and i was so excited but know thinking that R&R might never happen doesn't give me that same feeling anymore. Years from now i want to watch an episode a day and i'd hate to watch it knowing that everything happening between R&R is a waist of my time as at the end she ended with Joey.

But i have faith, i'll watch the show, in case you didn't know, during Season Eight they thought it was their last season, that's why we saw this slight inprovment with R&R relationship. I believe the writers were getting ready to hook them up, which if you think about it could have very easily have happened and yet have been realistic, then they (the writters) learned that they would have another season so they gave us that stupid cliffhanger with the misunderstanding proposal, then they thought Season 9 would be it so they quickly got rid of the J&R problem getting ready to reunite R&R as all signs in 901 pointed to that but then yet again they learned they have another season (and this is definatley the last with only 18 episodes, the 18th being a two hour long finale) so they gave us yet another J&R cliffhanger because the writters knows how much this upsets alot of people. So i believe that although this cliffhanger is a difficult one to get out of, i still believe that by season 10 R&R will be together unless there's a season 11 which i highly doubt, although i doubt the series can end with Ross & Joey being best Freinds as they were and this show is called FRIENDS i think the writers know what they're doing.

I'm so tired of writting, just one more thing to say

If J&R do end up together i will be very dissapointed with the writers as this is what i'd call poor writing but if R&R do get together then i will applaud them because lets face it even when Ross was getting ready to marry Emily we all knew it wouldn't last because she wasn't one of the regular six (that's why Pheobe's future husband Mike (i think) has come so late into the season because he's just a guest star) that's why so many people believe the show ending with R&J is a possibility.

I just can't understand why some peole prefer J&R over R&R it just doesn't make sense but to be honest i really want R&R to end up together but i wouldn't be dissapointed if Rachel ended up alone, latley she's been turning into a real ***** :smile:

that's all... for now

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Well I would also be disapointed to see joey end up with Rachel when evryone knows that it should be me that end up with her :smile:
Don't take me to seriuos I'am VERY drunk right now...........

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I vote Rachel and Brad Pitt.

Oh wait...

Seriously though, I prefer Rachel and Joey over Rachel and Ross. Being parents of the same kid aside, Joey and Rachel are better together than her and Ross. Ross is too nerdy.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, I'm not a huge fan of the show, but, I do watch ocassionally.

I have to say, first, my favorite character on the show is Joey, so, I'm rooting for him and Rachel. Not Ross and Rachel. His being my favorite character on the show isn't the only reason for this, though. I mean, Ross had his chance. He had several chances. He's blown every single one of them. And, of all the characters on the show, he's the one I most suspected of being gay.

I was EXTREMELY upset about Pheobe picking that Mike guy over Hank Azaria's character. Next to Joey, he was my favorite.

All-in-all, I'd have to agree with DirthNader. The show's become waaaaay too Soap Opera like recently...

King Prawn

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
He had several chances. He's blown every single one of them.
Yes, i agree totally with that, the writters have over used the will they wont they get back together storyline alot, even if R&R did get together i don't think i'd have the same feeling as back in Season 3, with that said i still wish Ross gets Rachel. Joey is like the ladies man, he gets all the girls (He got Charlie before Ross) and i'd hate the show if they put Joey with Rachel, that means looks (as many woman i've heard say about him) win over brains, and Ross has been hurt so much, he doesn't live with his son Ben nor with Emma, he's been married and divorced Three times and has never really hurt anyone. If he and Rachel were to get together we could see his third divorce not counting (you know what i mean) since he'd be with Rachel (His ex-wife) he'd be living with Emma, one of his children and he'd have gotten which in my opinion is the love of his life.

Now in all fairness i don't think J&R make a bad couple, but it's like saying i prefer MT characters over TMS ones, The MT characters might be better but we're just so used to TMS characters that although we could accept the fact that the MT characters are better we wouldn't like it because we've been used to TMS characters. Does any of that make sense :confused:

ps. I prefer TMS characters with the inclusion of :rolleyes:, Johnny & Sal

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, unfortunately, looks most often DO beat out brains. Sadly for myself, I have neither.

flor

Reaction score
i like firend too, and vote Ross and Rachel.