Frank Oz - Retired or Semi-Retired??

zoinkks1

Reaction score
I've been debating with my brothers that Frank Oz is no longer doing his famous characters. In the Weezer video it is obvious that Mr. Oz is not doing Fozzie, but it's hard to say if he is or isn't doing Piggy (I say he isn't) and on Sesame Street as of late, I can clearly tell that Frank Oz isn't doing Cookie, Bert and Grover in new segments, although at times I think Mr. Oz is performing Cookie and Grover (the cookie/postal sketch). Can anyone clear this up for me?

scarecroe

Reaction score
LOL, I'd say you have it just about right!

Frank only does his Sesame characters sometimes while Eric Jacobson has been doing a great job on Grover and Bert for most of the time. David Rudman (Baby Bear) does Cookie.

As for Piggy and Fozzie: Piggy is definately being done by Eric, but I think the jury is still out on Fozzie. He's been done by John Kennedy in MFS (although I think Frank came in and dubbed later), but some say it was Eric in the Weezer video.

For more, check out the ToughPigs Recast FAQ...

http://www.toughpigs.com/extrarecast.htm

Gonzo

Reaction score
Anyone know if Frank is involved in the NBC Muppet Christmas Movie Dealie Thing Whose Title I Can't Remember?

I wonder if Frank would perform Piggy or Fozzie for a Big Screen movie, or if the Torch Has Been Passed...

Quinnnnnnnn

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Anyone know if Frank is involved in the NBC Muppet Christmas Movie Dealie Thing Whose Title I Can't Remember?
Because it's the holidays, and it's a major (or semi-major) holiday movie that supposedly people would want to see each winter, Frank MAY be back to do his characters.

I, for one, am not holding my breath. :frown:

- Billy :cool:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Interesting.

I wouldn't hold my breath either...I know he's a busy guy, but you'd think...I dunno.

Never mind.

Quinnnnnnnnnn