Frank Oz: "New Muppets Too Cute"

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
No MFS was pretty bad. Lol. KSY wasn't far off either but I'll give any Muppet movie merit even MTI and MCC over MWO!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I love how the Muppets have enough movies in enough different styles and genres to divide even the biggest Muppet fans. I love VMC, but hate KSY, others love MCC and hate MTI...Its the way it will always be!

Can't wait to see what comes next.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
TMM, GMC, MTM, MCC, and MTI were all great.

MFS and KSY aren't nearly as bad as people make them out to be.

IAVMMCM sucked, worst Muppet movie to date.

MWoO was a decent enough movie, not the best, but certainly not the worst.

The Muppets (2011) was a great comeback, and I hope the sequel will be just as good.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*gets all riled up when people say that VMC sucked* *but resisting commenting, as its you and you get a friend-pass* :sigh:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
MFS it looked and sounded like the muppets but to me it wasn't the muppets.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've also been confused by the fact that people say this recent film stayed true to the characters. I found Kermit to be a very sad characterization in this recent film, almost pathetic. That's NOT the Kermit we know and love. Even him living in a mansion is out of character. Our little Kermit of the past would NEVER be living in a giant mansion, even if it was meant for him and Miss Piggy to live in. He would've gone back to the swamp!
But it was a movie. Kermit was merely playing a character that happened to be named Kermit the Frog and lived in a mansion. It's called acting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That brings to mind something else too, Jim has said he never really thought of any of the characters as characters, but rather, puppet actors, and that concept pretty much dates all the way back to Jim's early days, even as far back as Sam & Friends. Look at all the sketches in which Kermit would play any number of random lady singers by wearing a little wig, and even occasionally a choker of pearls. It's also been a big thing on SST as well, like Monsterpiece Theater or even some inserts where the characters play different characters for seemingly no reason (Ernie as Ole King Cole for example).

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Now I Agree About Kermit Being Sugar-Coated, Laid Back, Etc
While I Didn't Grow Up On TMS, I Did Notice Some Adult Humor, Even Though I Not I'm Not An Adult I'm Not 25 As The Age Perdicts I Am, I'm Actually 15, And For Muppet Shows, I Bassicly Grew Up On BITBBH, And I've Heard Of The Muppets, I've Just Never Seen Them Until This Movie, And I Just Got Done Watching The First Three!!, And I Can Say That Those Have A Bit Of Adult Humor Too!!, I Watched MFS, It Was Decent To Me, But I Wouldn't Say It Was GOOD!!, I Also Watched MWoO, And I Got On The Website, And I Can SAY That Sucked!!!, And MTI Also, That Had A Teensy Bit Of Adult Humor, But It Just Didn't Have Enough To Make Me Laugh!!! :attitude:, And I Also Got IAVMMC On The Internet, And I Can Say That Was The WORST Muppet Movie I've Seen!!!, That's All The Muppet Stuff I've Basicilly Watched So Far!!, And Oh Yeah, Now I Can't WAIT For The Sequel!!