1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Frank Oz: "New Muppets Too Cute"

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Beauregard, Jul 30, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

As I recall, Frank's only able to put in about a day for Sesame Street each year nowadays.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  2. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

That's true, I heard he only does it a couple times a year!
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Mo just answered the question....
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Yes, but without the implied sarcasm. (May have been Internet misreading)
  5. Pinkflower7783

True I misread things all time. :/
  6. catherine

catherine Active Member

does that mean, he won't be doing the muppets, again?
  7. Pinkflower7783

Technically he hasn't had anything to do with the Muppets for a while...
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

This appears to be ranking up there with Chick-fil-a/Henson and Romney/PBS in the Issues Muppet Freaks Don't Want to Let Go Of Department...
    Duke Remington likes this.
  9. Pinkflower7783

Don't look at me I didn't start it back up again. The Chick-fil-a thread how many pages is that up to now 100? Probably the same amount as the Romney vs Big Bird thread.
  10. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Oh indeed! The popcorn for example - that was really overdone! I don't like it when my popcorn gets burnt.

No worries though - given how the number of new Sesame episodes have declined over the years, it's only a matter of time til everyone else at Sesame Workshop is only putting in a day for Sesame each year. That Frank...always the ahead-of-his-time trendsetter...
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm almost certain they do already! :D
  12. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

Yes, Bob only appeared in a clip last season, not in any street scene. And Steve Whitmire in just one episode. At least Frank taped 4 clips last season ( Spidermonster,The Heaviest Catch, Coffe tree and a song of Grover, the last 2 appear on season 43) and he came back early this year and taped the Birdwalk empire clip, Im sure he did tape more clips but I dont think it will be shown until season 44.
    SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  13. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

It's too bad we don't get to see Bob that much anymore. Or Bert and Ernie. But hey, things have changed. And Steve and Eric won't alway be available.
  14. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

Yes, I think Frank is more active on Sesame Street these days than Steve.
  15. Pinkflower7783

Well Steve is just a little busy over at Disney nowadays. Not much just a little.
  16. SkeetScootSquat

SkeetScootSquat Active Member

Too true, too true, Slackbot! thats some good reasoning! and no, you are not a bad fan.
    Duke Remington likes this.
  17. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I just don't get Frank anymore. Why doesn't he like what he used to do! Why does he hate MTM and MFS, its getting really annoying. If Frank disagrees with the "new muppets" then so what. He left the muppets and he doesn't even direct anymore, so if this is something Frank's doing to get back with the muppets than why'd he leave so suddenly? MAYBE HE'LL MAKE A COMMENTARY FOR THE DVD RELEASE OF SEASON 4 OF TMS COMING OUT SEPTEMBER 8, 2014

April Fools!