Frank Oz' Muppet documentary "Muppet Guys Talking" premiering at SXSW on March 12, 2017

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, it's really frustrated that so many of these films about the Muppets and/or the people involved with them get such limited releases in film festival circuits or only certain theaters in cities like NYC or LA . . . I only got to see BEING ELMO when PBS aired it as an episode of INDEPENDENT LENS (I think), and I AM BIG BIRD when Comcast had it On Demand for just one weekend.

jobi71

Reaction score
This is very exciting news. As D'Snowth mentioned I am not sure exactly when I'll be able to see it. We'll need all the posters here to be vigilant if they learn of any showings, because as D'Snowth pointed out these films can have very limited i.e. one weekend runs. On a side note (that D'Snowth did not point out - see I have original thoughts too) those chairs the five are sitting in look mighty comfortable.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
:eek::eek:
Oh my gosh, this is amazing! It's wonderful that the other Muppeteers are getting some spotlight. And i'm really glad they were able to make this before Jerry passed.
And hey, this is in Austin, I only live about a couple of hours from Austin, so maybe i'll be able to go. And since this is the premiere, maybe some Muppeteers will actually be there. Maybe i'll actually get to meet Frank Oz or at least see him in person! :excited:

jobi71

Reaction score
:eek::eek:
Oh my gosh, this is amazing! It's wonderful that the other Muppeteers are getting some spotlight. And i'm really glad they were able to make this before Jerry passed.
And hey, this is in Austin, I only live about a couple of hours from Austin, so maybe i'll be able to go. And since this is the premiere, maybe some Muppeteers will actually be there. Maybe i'll actually get to meet Frank Oz or at least see him in person! :excited:[/QUOTE

I hope you get to go. You can take notes for the rest of us. Copious, copious notes.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I hope you get to go. You can take notes for the rest of us. Copious, copious notes.
If I go, I will definitely tell you guys every single detail of the event, so it'll hopefully feel almost like you were there. Although, I really need to look into it first to see if it's practical for me to go. And I need to check ticket prices and all that.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even normal people with jobs don't have that kind of money to blow.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
It's likely it'll be like "I AM BIG BIRD", where it'll get an eventual public release; really excited for Oz be doing something Muppet related.. as far as I'm concerned, he should be the one frontrunning future Muppet projects, instead of Disney just doing as they please.

jobi71

Reaction score