Frank Oz Involvement

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've got to thinking: as intimately closely Frank worked along side Jim on almost every project the Muppet/Henson crew was involved with, from his early days with the company, up through the 80s when he began to branch out into his own directing career, has there ever been any consideration during that time of making Frank like a full partner in the Henson organization? It just struck me, again, as closely as they've worked together, that it seems logical that at one point, or another, Frank would have been a full partner.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
That's a very interesting question! Though it seems to me that there is probably a whole lot of history and a whole lot of complicated business negotiation that could make that possibility messy in the end, it does remain a possibility. Still, seems like no matter how many projects Jim had going on at one point or another, he always remained the sole figurehead of the operations, you know? Closest example I can think of about this kind of partnership would be the direction of The Dark Crystal.

Probably a project-by-project basis, more than anything :smile: