Frank Oz in EIG

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess it's safe to assume that similar to MTI and MFS, that Frank didn't actually perform any of his respective SST characters in EIG, but rather, just looped all of their dialogue too, right?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
He did looping most of the time. Every E&B scene though (aside from the one at the beginning) is Frank in the studio.

Frank was in MTI and MFS in studio too, but not long. He did the first Fozzie scene and some of Piggy's scenes, and he did the entire UFO Mania scene in MFS.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I think in EIG he did Bert scenes on the studio. And on Muppets tonight he did his characters in the studio except Animal on Sandra Bullock and Heather Locklear episodes and Piggy in Andie Macdowell episode, all puppetered and voiced in those episodes by Kevin Clash.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I think in EIG he did Bert scenes on the studio. And on Muppets tonight he did his characters in the studio except Animal on Sandra Bullock and Heather Locklear episodes and Piggy in Andie Macdowell episode, all puppetered and voiced in those episodes by Kevin Clash.
I remember Kevin doing the voice of Animal in the Sandra Bullock episode where he is told to stop drumming and he says sorry. But I don't remember Kevin's voicing Animal in any other episode or even Miss Piggy (except for some behind the scenes footage of Kermit's sword fight from Muppet Treasure Island).

cahuenga

Reaction score
I remember Kevin doing the voice of Animal in the Sandra Bullock episode where he is told to stop drumming and he says sorry. But I don't remember Kevin's voicing Animal in any other episode or even Miss Piggy (except for some behind the scenes footage of Kermit's sword fight from Muppet Treasure Island).
Kevin performed Animal in the Coofe song number from the Heather Loclear episode and performed Piggy in the "Dancing In the Dark" sketch with Kermit from andie Macdowell episode .

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Kevin performed Animal in the Coofe song number from the Heather Loclear episode and performed Piggy in the "Dancing In the Dark" sketch with Kermit from andie Macdowell episode .
Really, because that was Frank's voice for A Lot of Coffee In Brazil. For Dancing in the Dark I think that was Frank too but I could be wrong, I got to see that clip again.But yeah, Kevin probably performed the characters and either Frank Dubbed the voices or recorded them previously or something like that. So when did Frank slowly stop performing, that was around the time of Muppet Treasure Island right? I remember hearing that it was either Steve Whitmire or Peter Liz performing Miss Piggy in Muppets From Space. In the original trailer, Miss Piggy's voice isn't dubbed.

It's interesting when the trailer says "And other shocking surprises", I'd have to agree. There's a lot of editing errors and unfinished dubs. I remember some of the undubbed footage was used to promote for Wendys. And how come one moment Gonzo's voice turns into a voice from Bill Barretta? All these unnecessary re-dubs and probably a mix of lines that weren't used in the final movie. Muppets From Space, I'd just love to chat about what happened during the process of the film and everything but that's a discussion for another threat which I think is already created awhile back if not several. lol

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've wondered if Frank Oz physically performed Grover (who only gets one scene) and Cookie Monster (who doesn't really get much dialogue and is as useless in the main group here as Animal was in the main group in Muppets from Space). I've always suspected he performed Bert.

On the topic of Muppets Tonight, I wonder if Frank ever dubbed his characters voices when others performed his characters, since we know of some instances where Kevin Clash was heard as Piggy and Animal (and he also performed Waldorf in the first two episodes. Wow, while Clash hardly had any major recurring characters besides Clifford, he sure did perform a lot of other people's characters when they couldn't). I know he would have at least dubbed either Piggy or Fozzie in the Lunar Mooners sketch. I think I saw on the toughpigs forum that Oz also spent a few days recording several segments with his main characters that were then inserted into different episodes (like all of The Eagles Nest segments with Sam), and I'd believe it.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I've wondered if Frank Oz physically performed Grover (who only gets one scene) and Cookie Monster (who doesn't really get much dialogue and is as useless in the main group here as Animal was in the main group in Muppets from Space). I've always suspected he performed Bert.

On the topic of Muppets Tonight, I wonder if Frank ever dubbed his characters voices when others performed his characters, since we know of some instances where Kevin Clash was heard as Piggy and Animal (and he also performed Waldorf in the first two episodes. Wow, while Clash hardly had any major recurring characters besides Clifford, he sure did perform a lot of other people's characters when they couldn't). I know he would have at least dubbed either Piggy or Fozzie in the Lunar Mooners sketch. I think I saw on the toughpigs forum that Oz also spent a few days recording several segments with his main characters that were then inserted into different episodes (like all of The Eagles Nest segments with Sam), and I'd believe it.
Yeah I remember Kevin performing Waldorf for a few episodes. But like I mentioned the Sandra Bullock episode is the only episode that I know of that Kevin's voice of Animal can be heard. I've heard this Sam the Eagle in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (Wow, that was a weird few years for Sam the Eagle, dancing with energy in Muppets From Space's ending number of Celebration and Sam with some glow sticks in IAVMMCM)
Yeah Frank didn't perform much in Muppets Tonight. He did have a stock character (I think it was the whatnot that was in the Alley OOp number on the Muppet Show, a caveman performed by Steve Whitmire. I just love seeing the old Muppets from The Muppet Show in background on Muppets Tonight :smile: I figure that most of them were given to the Atlanta Puppetry Museum, probably why Puppet Heap re-built a lot of the Muppet Show background characters. Then again, Muppets to wear out material wise). Anyway, that character I was mentioning was in the Michelle Pfeiffer episode "Oh boss, boss, there's something I want to tell y....It's Michelle Pfeiffer...AAAHHH" falls over backwards. lol Then Frank performed this blue whatnot in an Elvis sketch, the sezzer one. "What about Turkey and Greese"
The only time Frank performs his characters is on Sesame Street one a year, but mostly he's been doing a lot of new one time characters.

I wish Frank was back in The Muppets again. :smile: