Frank in # of the Day?

travellingpat

Reaction score
Does Frank Oz still do Cookie Monster for the number of the Day Segments, Cookie sounds like him, not the newer David Rudman sound....

Hmmmm....
PC:zany: :zany: :zany:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
That's not right-- It's the Letter of the Day segments, not the Number of the Day segments.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Frank will do a day or two each year for SESAME STREET, so he does a FEW of the Cookie Monster "Letter of the Day" skits.

For example, that was Frank doing Cookie for the Letter "L" where Cookie tries to sing songs (Rubber Duckie, People in Your Neighborhood, Beethoven's 5th) to avoid eating the cookie

but David Rudman does the majority of them.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Thanks, I ment to say letter of the day, whoops, I didnt know because sometimes it sounds like Frank, sometimes it doesnt,
Thanks!

PC

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Actually while Frank still performs Cookie Monster, He hasn't done a letter of the day segment sense season 33, so while they still air the ones frank did, David has done all the ones sense season 34 up, although he also did some of the season 33 ones.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Frank since this year completely retired from Cookie Monster and Grover, and only performs Bert now?

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Well, better that SOMEBODY is there to carry on Cookie Monster than have no Cookie at all.

Dave's there to keep life in Cookie and Animal.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I think Dave only played Animal (not the voice) for his SNL appearance only.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think Frank put infuses on Grover and Bert this season, because I saw nothing new with him performing Cookie this year.