Fraggle Shoes Coming Soon

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Just came from reading an article over at www.toughpigs.com where they said that Heyday Footwear will be developing and producing a line of Fraggle Rock inspired shoes. The article includes a video of the Heyday CEO saying "many" times that the shoes are "dope". Yeah, they're certainly "dope" if the main feature of the Gobo-shoes is it only features his furry violetish hair. Not meant for playing golf or soccer or anything... Er, then what do you do with them, besides wear them and not do anything? And at $125 per pair, you have to really want them. Good thing I don't really want them, not at that price.

So check out the article and form your own conclusions.
*Hopes the Fraggles don't become extinct due to hunters trying to scalp them to make more shoes.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Um... $125 a pair? How dope.

Those do nothing for me, and I'm silly enough to have a set of the Fraggle shot glasses. You want me to wear Fraggle footwear, make some of those shoes that look like feet, toes and all, and make them look like Fraggle feet. Then I will buy one in every color they offer.

BTW, the 30th Fraggleversary kicks off on April 22, just 3 days before my birthday. Just sayin'...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... I'm not parting with that much money for Muppet merch unless it's extreme high-quality Muppet merch like that prototype Palisades sculpt of :batty: which would be considerably more than just $125. Either that or some high quality Nightmare Before Christmas merch, or a whole bunch of it like that 14-pin set based on the poem The 13 Days of Christmas from Haunted Mansion Holidays.

Happy Fraggleversary and birthday when it comes. :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
These shows look exactly like ones we would have worn as kids, but we would have got for a tenth of that price. I like the effort, but the price is for hard core sneaker nerds only.

(Misses his canvas Animal sneakers he had when he was 7).

Hubert

Reaction score
They're...unique, I suppose. Nothing that's standing out to me as anything great, nor would I really want them, but Fraggle merch is Fraggle merch. 125 bucks seems a bit pricey though.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
They're OKish. For $20 bucks I would get them. I'm a big fan of FR, but for 125 bucks, no way.
This reminds me, didn't Disney release a Kermit pair of shoes last year, or were they planning to?

EDIT: Whatever happened to these? Does anyone own a pair of these? Did they end up getting released?
http://www.toughpigs.com/kermit-shoes/

dwmckim

Reaction score
They might be more worth it if Fraggles themselves wore shoes more often.

I'd probably be more interested in Fraggle socks - even though we don't actually see Fraggles really wearing socks more than shoes, they must get a fair amount of use out of them for Boober to be able to wash enough of them frequently.

I guess the main selling point for Fraggle shoes would be that you could use them to "dance your cares away" - but people spend even less money doing just that going to expensive dance clubs so not much of a bargain.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They're OKish. For $20 bucks I would get them.

The Average pair of shoes is somewhere between 50 and 60 bucks. Even the small canvas Converse shoes are like 40 bucks at the cheapest. You can't even get shoes close to 20 bucks unless they're deep discount clearance or at some sort of bargain store and they're off brand. It drives me nuts, especially since I rarely buy shoes not just because of the price, but because they just don't make shoes I like anymore. And stores will always upsell and stock more of those dumb sports shoes that don't really make you play anything any better, rather than just a pair of sneakers to keep you from going barefoot.

I have trouble shoe shopping, you see.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
And no one has commented on the actual design of the shoes? It's doing the bare minimum. Oh look, a poorly drawn face slapped on the side of the shoe! Sorry, but the design was seriously lazy :stick_out_tongue: I guess the "hair" is a nice touch, but without the drawing that took 5 minutes to design, you wouldn't be able to tell they were Fraggle Rock Shoes :stick_out_tongue:

Hubert

Reaction score
They're OKish. For $20 bucks I would get them. I'm a big fan of FR, but for 125 bucks, no way.
This reminds me, didn't Disney release a Kermit pair of shoes last year, or were they planning to?

EDIT: Whatever happened to these? Does anyone own a pair of these? Did they end up getting released?
http://www.toughpigs.com/kermit-shoes/
I'm sure that they were released, I remember seeing them appearing online a while back. Those were pricey as well.