Fraggle Rock the movie MOVIE POSTER!

MattFraggle

Reaction score
Hi guys. I thought you might like to see this. I'm doing all sorts of storyboards and paintings, because I would desperatly like to work on the upcoming Fraggle Movie. In my mind, this is all you'd really need to see to get people excited about the movie. Something like that anyway. It didn't take me very long, just a about 4 or 5 hours. And I drew all the art and logos by hand. Those aren't stock logos or photos.

I would just like to add that Jim Henson studios did not authorize this or endorse me as a working artist. This is more or less fan art with a purpose :}. Nor am I making any money off it. I'm just trying to land "The dream job of a lifetime"

Here's the link to the poster

http://www.metacritter.org/imagehost/FragglePoster.jpg

my email is beerbeastredux@yahoo.com

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The Jim Henson Company has many projects in development and there are a number of potential legal consequences which can result from looking at any unsolicited material which may turn out to be similar to a product they are creating or may create. Accordingly, the general policy of The Jim Henson Company is not to look at or consider unsolicited material, ideas or suggestions of any nature whatsoever unless they are submitted through and agent or attorney with whom they've have had prior dealings. If you want to have you're existing stuff looked at, and considered for a job, get an agent.

If you want to be hired by the Henson Company as an artist or designer, send a resume, cover letter, and art portfolio to:
Human Resources
The Jim Henson Company
1416 North La Brea Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90028
You can e-mail any questions about the process or openings to human_resources@henson.com. Henson's Human Resources will contact you directly if there is interest in your qualifications.

P.S. That is a great work of art you created, nice job :excited:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, that a really nice job, and stick in there, you just might get your dream job one day, and I hope you do.

MattFraggle

Reaction score
My apologies to anyone associated with Henson, if , in their eyes, it was inappropriate on my part to post this piece of artwork. My intention was never to imply that this is an official part of the pre-production. (Read my first post and you'll see my disclaimers ) It was more or less a "what could be" But if there are any Henson people out there who feel I should remove the art, please let me know, and I will do so.

Oh, and I fired my agent years ago :} He was a jerk.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Good point Waldo. I know all this first hand having submitted writing to JHC for monthes.

Nice poster though.

On the other topic, Any idea on how to get an agent when they won't work with the material you wrote as it is (c) to the JHC?

MattFraggle

Reaction score
Agents are a fickle bunch. If you aren't a known writer ( that is to say, someone who has already sold a multi-million dollar script) it's difficult to land one. If you make an acclaimed short film, it's possible they'll come to you, but it doesn't always happen.

Once you have an agent, it's their job to get on the phone and yell and scream at movie producers. No kidding. Mine was a frickin pit bull on the phone. He was also paranoid. If I was working at a studio, and casually mentioned to a producer (when they asked ) that he was my agent, he'd somehow find out and call me, screaming "What did you say? Who did you talk to??? You're makin me look like a jerk!!!" And all for doing nothing more than shaking hands and chatting cordially. To be honest, I always wondered how and WHY Hollywood studios choose to deal with such nasty, pushy people. He'd yell at me for something inane, and then go on to cheerfully tell me all about the new wood floors in his house, or his new Dodge Viper or something smarmy. That's why I left the guy and haven't used an agent since. if you want an agent, just be prepared to deal with...well...an ugly person.

Eccch. Talking about this is bringing up bad memories. I'm gonna go play a game of "Can't Touch Floor"

BEAR

Reaction score
Your poster looks really good!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
MattFraggle said:
Fraggles rule.
Nope. Fraggles ROCK!!

Submit a portfolio of your work to JHC, man! You'd be missing out by not doing it. Don't submit anything as solicitation or they won't look at it, but if you do it as a portfolio with your resume, et al, as GelflingWaldo suggested above, then you have better chances.

(BTW, I moved this thread to Fan Art because I didn't want folks to get confused with it as the official movie poster).