Fraggle Rock returning to The Hub April 21, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Considering Dave Goelz has been performing Matt 100% of the time since the puppet has been rebuilt and how much he loved doing the characters, I think Dave at least is on board.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
The following episodes have been confirmed to air during the Fraggle Rock marathon on The Hub.

9:00 AM Beginnings
9:30 AM The Day the Music Died
10:00 AM The Secret Society of Poohbahs
10:30 AM The River of Life
11:00 AM Inspector Red
11:30 AM Change of Address

Slackbot

Reaction score
Looks like they're alternating between comedy and drama with that lineup. I wonder if the final episode will confuse those who haven't seen the last few episodes. The Honk of Honks is a pretty significant episode, explaining why Doc is now aware of the Fraggles, and Gobo considers Doc a friend. Without it, the paradigm shift could seem weird.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something, we haven't seen anything to indicate that Wembley and Boober have new "helpers." I certainly hope that Goelz and Whitmire are on board, but if they aren't, I hope that they will train their successors.
That's how I feel too. I'm not going to assume they won't be back to perform the characters when they're available. That's why it's only Gobo and Red hosting. I wonder if they've gone for someone other than Matt for Gobo, due to them filming the Muppet film now, or if they had someone else in mind all along.

Still, I'd love to actually see this promo.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I saw the promo today. It was great seeing Gobo after many years, but I can't figure out who's performing him now. Anyone have any ideas as to who it is? I'm looking forward to seeing more of Gobo in the near future.

It's funny when Red points out that Silly Creatures call their adventures "episodes" and that she nor Gobo knew what an anniversary is, kudos to Karen there.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I saw the promo today. I can't tell who preforming Gobo. It must be someone who joined Henson after their post Muppet era. I think Matt Vogel would be a better choice. I'll have to find a way to make contact with Karen and ask her who played Gobo.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw the promo some minutes ago before the current Animaniacs cartoon, the one with the Ziegfried & Roy parody.

And I might be wrong, but I just naturally thought it was Matt voicing Gobo, thereby completing his successorship of all Jerry's characters from the three main branches of Hensondom.

Made me :excited: smile.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Does anyone have a video of the promo that they played on the Hub for the Marathon?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I've been asking Grant Baciocco on Facebook who played Gobo and he won't tell me. Maybe if all of us keep asking him politely, he'll tell us.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I've been asking Grant Baciocco on Facebook who played Gobo and he won't tell me. Maybe if all of us keep asking him politely, he'll tell us.
Um... I'm pretty sure if he doesn't want to answer, he's not going to answer to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.