Fraggle Rock parts filmed in Australia!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Hi, I was really happy a few days ago to find an old vhs tape of fraggle rock in a shop and it was in great condition cover and all for $2AUD and for charity too.

This was the first time I have seen an episode of fraggle rock that I can remember, I know I watched it when I was younger but cant remember much.

Well, I was surprised at the end of one of the episodes, 2 epiodes on the video, I not only saw Terry Angus in the credits which I was happy to see but I also saw that one segment, I think with travelling matt (im not 100% familiar with the characters yet) it said it was filmed in Australia. does anyone know anything about this?

I thought it was great, Australia for once was involved in an apect of the muppets!

thanks,
Paul
:smile: :excited:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Are these episodes the Doc versions or the Captain versions?

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Well, actually they filmed a couple of T.Matt segments over the five years in Australia (at least two I think). Matt traveled all over the world during the run of FR to tape postcard segments in different countries.

As far as Australian footage other than the Matt segments, I have no idea.

- Billy :cool:

FozzieBear

Reaction score
Thats cool! Thats very interesting Fraggle trivia!

FozzieBear (Luke)

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Hi,
I read or heard somewhere that they made deals with the local TV stations that were airing Fraggle Rock, Then they would send Matt out there and tape a 'Postcard' with him.

He went all over the place from Switzerland, France, England, Australia etc...

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Hi,
I read or heard somewhere that they made deals with the local TV stations that were airing Fraggle Rock, Then they would send Matt out there and tape a 'Postcard' with him.

He went all over the place from Switzerland, France, England, Australia etc...
Yeah, I think you are right, at the end of the episode, and at the end of the credits it said something like "Travelling matt segment" filmed on location in Australia by puppets INC, I know thats roughly what it said, I will check, but I think I am pretty close.

:smile:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Paul,

Hey,
Could you post a scan of the video cover on your website please ?

Its quite interesting because the US got a series of Fraggle Rock videos, And the UK got a series with extra (and different) episodes.

I wonder if the same thing happened in Australia ?

see ya

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Hey,
Could you post a scan of the video cover on your website please ?

Its quite interesting because the US got a series of Fraggle Rock videos, And the UK got a series with extra (and different) episodes.

I wonder if the same thing happened in Australia ?

see ya
Yeah, I definately will add that to the site, not right now though but soon, I will be adding all of my stuff to make a really good collectibles section. Its an Australian release of the video and It might have some different ones on it.

I think its only one episode with the Australian segment though.

Ill add it ASAP!

from,
Paul :smile: