Fraggle Rock on "I Love the 80's Strikes Back"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Though I'd tend to disagree, Mokey is sort of Hippie-like...\

Of course, I wouldn't take Untalented as Folk actors seriously. After all, which one of them will be remembered years from now, especially in plushy form... :smirk: :excited:

I don't mind if they bag on MUSCLES... they just need to mention them somewhere...

How could you not love a series of collectible minifigures based on a silly super hero comic book from Japan no one has ever heard of?

NikZane

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Though I'd tend to disagree, Mokey is sort of Hippie-like...
Oh fer sure... Mokey was definitely hippy... man. Ok, good point :wink:

Muscle figurines, they were those little pinkish, rubbery guys of about a zillion different shapes yeh? I remember them ever so vaguely, the name was an acronym for some ridiculously complicated title right? Miniature something something, lurking, something.... something..?

Heh, it's amazing what crud the ol' gray matter retains sometimes, yet I can barely remember yesterday. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've seem to become the resident authority on the subject, though I totally forgot about it and never had them when I was younger.... long story short, I find out it was a japanese Comic called Kinnikuman... After reading it, there is little reason as to why they didn't import the show as well as the toy, as the show was really hyper violent (people graphically getting ripped in half), and had a lot of stuff unappropriate for viewing audiences (One scene has the hero defeating a villain, and to cellibrate[he's Giant.. keep that in mind] he urinates, then defecates on a building, while wearing fishnets).

The actual (pretty stupid) acronym is "Millions od Unusual Small Creatures Lurking Everywhere... I have the NES video game.. it's pretty much a joke...They have one on Game Cube, much better...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I've heard so much about "I Love the '80s". I'm wishing I had cable right now. Sounds like there's all kinds of great stuff on there, from Fraggle Rock to Simon and Garfunkel's reunion concert. Too bad they don't show this kind of stuff on network TV... They could just take off all those dumb dating shows and stuff and put in more interesting things like this...
Erin

Reaction score
NikZane said:
The dude from 'Queer as Folk' (i've no idea what his name is), only referred to the Fraggles with his usual sardonic sarcasm.. "The Fraggles are another example of puppetry combined with pot smoking... they're obsessed with eating, and they look like hippies". I never did like like this guy, not since he bagged out The Cure on the last season of I Love the 80's :wink:
haha, hal sparks. i like that guy. i remember when he was on the show "Talk Soup." my brother hated him because he was nothing like john henson. oh well

NikZane

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I've heard so much about "I Love the '80s". I'm wishing I had cable right now. Sounds like there's all kinds of great stuff on there, from Fraggle Rock to Simon and Garfunkel's reunion concert. Too bad they don't show this kind of stuff on network TV... They could just take off all those dumb dating shows and stuff and put in more interesting things like this...
Erin
It is pretty neat... being an 80's child, watching it is like a trip down memory lane. They bring up stuff you've completely forgotten about... Like the show 'Small Wonder', with the little robot girl, I totally forgot that even existed!

I spend significant portions of my time going "Ohhhh yeahhh!! I remember that!!"

maroonedonmars said:
haha, hal sparks. i like that guy.
Ahh, yeh that's the guy. Heh, yeh he's probably alright... *shrug* I don't watch QAF, so I've no idea really. But nobody, *nobody* disses my good buddies and pals (yeh I wish), The Cure, lest they be struck down by the almighty wrath and fury of Nikkius Zanius... mwAhaHahAHh :crazy:

Drtooth said:
The actual (pretty stupid) acronym is "Millions od Unusual Small Creatures Lurking Everywhere...
LOL, hahaa... I remember now. Man, like ILT80's, you've unsurfaced a tiny piece of data that was previously lost to me!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Loved it thought it was pretty funny. I love when they make fun of the Muppets and u get to see who remembered them and who didn't like them at all. They thought it was pretty funny when whats her face wanted to know who else watched the show. Now I wished she would join but shes proubley not a big fan or something. I loved the 80's. I lived the 80's!!! :excited:

jediX

Reaction score
They are definately well put together shows. I really enjoy those.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Some production assistant came here asking for pictures a while back. Wonder what became of that!
They were looking for some fanatics of extreme measures for a new show, and interviewed me because of my love of Ghostbusters and Blues Brothers (that Aykroyd Connection). Ultimately, I don't know if they scrapped that idea or what, but I did get interviewed by a magazine and they "might" run the article, and it was basically the same interview as with VH1.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
They were looking for some fanatics of extreme measures for a new show, and interviewed me because of my love of Ghostbusters and Blues Brothers (that Aykroyd Connection). Ultimately, I don't know if they scrapped that idea or what, but I did get interviewed by a magazine and they "might" run the article, and it was basically the same interview as with VH1.
Cool!! :big_grin: What magazine was that?
Erin