Fraggle Rock DVD Petition

DaViD Boulet

Reaction score
Luke,

Fraggle Rock is definitely in stereo. When it aired on HBO my friend taped all the shows to hi-fi VHS. We then taped the musical sequences to DAT with the expecation that eventually we'd burn some CDs to archive the music. If the DVDs come out that would make it unnecessary.

And Oh...I'm not talking about a huge $$$ remastering effort here. They already have great studio stereo mixes for many of these songs. I'm just talking about brushing the dust off the tins, taking them off the shelf, and putting them on the DVD so they can be in the hands of the Fraggle Music lover where they belong.

The fidelity of the 2 out-of-print LPs and the commercial CD were outstanding. I'd love to have the rest of the Fraggle Music library on my DVD collection with the same quality.

-dave

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
David,

Yayyyy 1000 !

I have been in contact with a DVD Company who release stuff because of Petitions and Large Fan Bases.

I wanna know, Would it matter if you could only order them from Online ?

Except the music, What other extras would you all like to see ?

Id like -
  • UK Comic Relief - Red, Matt and Sprocket in a music video
  • Down at Fraggle Rock: Behind the Scenes
  • International Matt segments
  • Fraggle Songs
  • Doozer Music
  • An Episode from each Co Production With their own Doc (The Minstrels ?)

And how many Box Sets, Would 2 or 3 be Ok ?

See ya

DaViD Boulet

Reaction score
If it made the difference between having the DVD set done right or not I'd be happy with on-line only (such as with Time Life).

MUSIC is my no 1 extra (pcm stereo studio mixes)...

but,

I'd also love to have the option to view the international "doc" and "travelling Matt" sequences too. That would be fascinating.

The other extras you mention, along with commentary would be awesome as well.

As far as box sets go...I would love a "box or not" option (you can buy each of the Muppet Show DVDs separately, which I think is a plus for some "casual" fans who just might want one or two). But it would also be cool if fans who plan on buying the entire series could get "sets" that do come in boxes. How many seasons did the series air? could there be a box per season? Also...if one purchased a "box" season set it would be cool if they could include a bonus-disc with some of the cool extras. This could be a disc only available to box-set purchasers if it would help make things available that otherwise wouldn't fit on the standard feature-discs.

one cool thing would be if the spine-art on the DVD covers is designed to create a collective image when the discs are lined up in order (or in the box) on the self! This has been popular with many VHS-set releases but hasn't been seen very often with DVD series. It would be a fun feature and help make it easy to place a disc back on the self in its proper place

Did I mention my no 1 extra is the music in PCM stereo sound?
:wink:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
David,

There were 5 Seasons, so 5 box sets with about 19 eps on four and 20 eps on one.

Is that right, Im lousy at Maths.

Then you could have Extras on those Discs and an *exclusive* music only Disc as the bonus in each Box Set ?

see ya

KPrell

Reaction score
Hi David,

Thanks for understanding about contacting Henson's and also for your excellent suggestions about format and sound for Fraggle DVDs. Whenever Henson's decide to do something about releasing that, I'll do what I can to make sure they have that information.

I remember the show being recorded in stereo, but don't know any specifications beyond that. I'm in contact with some of the Fraggle sound crew and could find out a bit more.

Warrick, as far as seasons and numbers of shows, in North America there were 4 seasons of 24 shows each, a total of 96. I'm not sure if it was different in England, France and Germany.

I remember the bizarre number we did for Comic Relief UK years ago. Dave Barclay performed Sprocket, I did Red and Mike Quinn performed Uncle Matt. All the famous British television puppets got together and sang a song about giving a helping hand.

Red had a closeup with Nookie Bear, who was famous for doing really rude nightclub routines! Punch and Judy were there, lots of Spitting Image puppets (one of whom was attacked by Rod Hull's Emu) Sooty, Zippy and George, Gilbert the alien, Gordon the Gopher and many more. Bean Bunny was there, waaaaay in the back, performed by Mary Loveday. Lots of the puppets were hitting each other and at the end a giant inflatable hand falls down and squashes all of them. That's British humor for you!

The best part of that shoot was when Christine Glanville performed the close up of Lady Penelope from Thunderbirds. All the other UK puppeteers stood around in reverent silence watching her and at the end gave her thunderous applause.

Oh, and the 'Fraggles find work' video that you mentioned Warwick - I'm not aware of anything like that unless a special edit was done of existing footage.

Thanks and keep all the great suggestions coming!

Karen

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Karen,

Thanks for the info !

I could only remember a little bit about it, I couldnt remember Sprocket or Bean Bunny !

I am sure i saw something entitled something like 'The Fraggles Find Work', Hmmm weird !

Cheryl Wagner, who performed Ma Gorg in all the shows apart form Season One, signed the Petition today !!

Keep spreading the news !

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Today we reached 1100 !!

keep on spreading the word !!

See ya

The Big Don

Reaction score
Hey Warrick. Not to brag, but ive gotten the last 20 people or so to sign it bringing it to about 1158, and i posted a link over at simpsonscollectors.com message boards and some movie boards. I think the number of signatures will double in a week or so.

I hope they release these on DVD. So awesome. Question, does anyone have tapes of the animated cartoon of Fraggle rock and/or the bill and ted animated cartoon. Thanks

The "Heel" Big Don

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Big Don,

Hey,
Thanks for spreading the word !

In theUK, There were Three videos of the Animated Series.
I do have an extra one for trade !

See ya