Fraggle Rock DVD on eBay

Luke

Reaction score
It's just a cheap rip-off pirate !

jediX

Reaction score
I'm suprised eBay allows stuff like that......

Whatever

Reaction score
I just did a search and a LOT of them came up. You would think there would only be one or 2 if it was piracy.

Whatever

Reaction score
OK, here are the stats on my search- 12 results, seven sellers. Some of them did say DVD/VCD, one claimed to be a real DVD, not VCD. They're going for high prices too- around $40 and up. So what gives? There hasn't been any release, but are there really that many dishonest people? Well. Yeah.

beaker

Reaction score
Luke said:
It's just a cheap rip-off pirate !
Yarrrr! Avast ye matey! I hate bootleg pirates, I want a real pirate.

Um, so I thought JHC said there wasn't people who'd buy FR dvds in the states...

Luke

Reaction score
beaker said:
Um, so I thought JHC said there wasn't people who'd buy FR dvds in the states...
Nah, that was early Jim Henson work. FR - they were trying to get a deal on, but they probably want so much for the rights. It means the small companies can't compete but maybe if the UK release does well Columbia will have enough backup research to justify a USA version.

Kermie81

Reaction score
I had to ask one of the sellers how they got the DVDs. Here's the reply:

You can click this link to see a sample of the quality.
http://relicsmusic.com/erin/copyright_nombogold_only.mpg
There are 66 complete episodes that play in full screen. Plus a Bonus "Down at Fraggle Rock - Behind the Scenes" Check www.vcdhelp.com to make sure your DVD player is compatible, this will guarantee playback capability. However, they'll play in any computer with a regular cd-rom drive that has media player also by downloading a free vcd player. These were purchased at a trade show and are originally made from Vhs, mostly canadian television. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks

Whatever

Reaction score
At a trade show? :smirk: Someone was really risking getting sued. Well, if someone rats to Henson it could convince them that people really do want Fraggle Rock DVDs! :excited:

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Whatever said:
At a trade show? :smirk: Someone was really risking getting sued. Well, if someone rats to Henson it could convince them that people really do want Fraggle Rock DVDs! :excited:
You'd be surprised how much stuff like that circulates freely. I used to frequent record-collector shows twice a year when I lived in London, ON and there were TABLES full of bootleg concerts and shows, all on bulk-blank VHS. That was the only way my brother and I could see Jeff Buckley a few years back, as there were no major released concerts. Now there are a couple, and we still prefer this one he bought taped in a bar! Another friend of mine ended up with the "Madonna on Letterman" appearance completely unedited! I guess you can grab stuff like that out of the air if you have one of those old C-Band 10-foot satellite dishes, apparently

later
eric