Fraggle News?

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Im looking for any updates or closure on anything Fraggle Related.

1. Is the movie still in works?

2. Will Sababa ever actually come out with Mokey and Boober?

3. Any new on Season 4?

Thanks
Tyler

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, we do know Season 4 has been released in certain parts of the world. Sadly though, it is lacking special features.

Metacritter

Reaction score
Australian season 4 is out, got mine from http://dvdcrave.com/. You do need a multi-region & pal-converting player to view it, but this isn't as difficult or expensive as it sounds. It is true that it is completely lacking any special features, but the video and sound quality is quite good.

I have heard nothing further on Sababa Mokey, but there are two Sababa Boobers currently available: One 11"-ish, currently available, and one 8"-ish, as part of a Red and Boober "Fraggle Fun Pack," with DVD, apparently out of production but findable on Ebay.

Drtooth

Reaction score
1. Is the movie still in works?
Apparently yes, but with the writers Strike and the Directors and actors about to take that same move, all movies being planned are on hold for a bit.

2. Will Sababa ever actually come out with Mokey and Boober?
Doubtful. These products are off most store shelves, and have been for a year now. You may find the older large ones with DVD's at clearance stores like Marshal's or TJ Max. But that's all she wrote on that one. Sadly, we'll have to wait until the movie for new merchandise like that.

best bet is another company picks up the license and makes new ones all together.

3. Any new on Season 4?
It is indeed available out of the country, but here's the thing: It seems HIT is going for a year to year release schedual. And given the fact we just got season 3 not too long ago, we'll have to wait another year (clearly) for Season 4. The foreign set in question looks like it differs completely than the US releases, so we may be getting amazing features that that set will never have.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Apparently yes, but with the writers Strike and the Directors and actors about to take that same move, all movies being planned are on hold for a bit.
Well that certainly stinks, but maybe this'll get corporations to realize some of the faults they have and get them to produce better stuff.

unclematt

Reaction score
Do you think the American Season 4 will have special features

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Do you think the American Season 4 will have special features
I should definitely think so. HIT has surprised us with each boxset they've produced, and I feel, or rather hope, they might do something really nice (full cast reunion?) in addition to all the stuff they continue to do (interviews, home movie footage, notepad replicas, etc.)

Seeing as how next year is the twenty-fifth anniversary, I hope they produce much more than the Season 4 DVD, such as the remaining plushes, games, the movie, a follow-up CD boxset and more!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, they couldn't do the full cast, as Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, and Jerry Julh are dead, but they could do a reunion with most of the cast.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Well, they couldn't do the full cast, as Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, and Jerry Julh are dead, but they could do a reunion with most of the cast.
I meant the surviving cast.

Speaking of Richard Hunt, I really hope Season 4 will come with a nice tribute to him. "How Wide, How Far, How Long" would serve as a wonderful musical backdrop to a video montage...