Fraggle Fur Discovery!

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Hello and Happy Holidays everybody!

I just wanted to let you all know that, as I was browsing for a Christmas present or two over at Wal-Mart today, I had this repetetive thought of how I could possibly get my hands on some Fraggle-ish fur fabric. Well, now I can say that I have an idea on something that will definitely get the job done, and looks really close to the real thing - and it won't break the bank! I was shopping around in bathroom accessories, and I came upon bath mats (all-fabric - not the rubberised-bottom ones) where I pretty much had an epiphany: the shag mats (with the sort of "puffy" pile of material) look pretty darn close to Fraggle fur-fabric, and the way that they're done (correct me if I'm wrong), it seems as if you can cut them without loosening all the fabric (a la store-bought fur-fabric). I was kinda shocked, because they had them in at least 10 or 15 different solid colours, and even in the odd yellowish colour that is Red's body (sort of a goldenrod colour, I'm guessing) and Boober's off-green colour. They run about $2.50 each, and they are fairly large (enough to at least cut 1/2 of the body out - buy two and overlap them). I would suggest this if you are looking to get that all-over Fraggly look. I can only kick myself for not finding them sooner....oh well. A happy Fraggle is a correct one, eh? Well for now, I'm very happy!

>Adam

P.S. Yeah, I'm obsessed! This program specifically touched me off on how to make a show that angles itself toward kids (a la Sesame), but makes itself on a higher child-intellect level (thus, Fraggle). Both were key in my upbringing, and I think I could veritably do this for a living! Although, I'm sure many of you would concur before me...in CAPITAL LETTERS....ha ha!