Fraggle Action Figures WERE possible...

WiGgY

Reaction score
1. A link was already posted.

2. That is the small picture. You are suppose to click on it to open the larger one. Have you just been looking at the small pics? You sure have missed a lot.

homerthegreat

Reaction score
Okay...sorry...I didn't read the rest of the thread, and I meant to post the big ones...

beaker

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Or maybe he is throwing us off the trail....maybe.....please?

Palisades has always wanted to do the fraggles, but retailers are stupid. They don't think they will sell well and don't want to take the chance. From the bit it sounds like they wanted a test figure, but now who knows what will happen. If you ask me (and you didn't) Palisades should just ask Henson if they can test this figure via Palisades Direct. This way, they have the exact sales numbers that can be taken to retailers. I'm sure that a repainted Rizzo can sell out, the only fraggle action figure in existence can as well. Of course he shouldn't have a buying restriction.
Wait...Disney bought the Mupepts in feb 2004...does this mean they sculpted Gobo pre feb 2004? hmmmm. Yeah, a Gobo via palisades direct would be crazy phenomenon. However, here's where it gets murky...see, it would obviously be in the 'Muppets' line, even if it didnt say Muppets. And Disney might say 'no way' given it would be pretty much a Muppet figure. However...Kurbick has a line with both Sesame and Muppet Show figures. so who knows. I still and will always consider FR Muppets, even if not in brand name.

WiGgY

Reaction score
If Muppet didn't appear on the figure and the packging was a fraggle design Disney can't do a **** thing.

Gonzo

Reaction score
beaker said:
Wait...Disney bought the Mupepts in feb 2004...does this mean they sculpted Gobo pre feb 2004?
Yup.

He's been chillin' in Ken's office for a loooong time now.

:cry:

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah it's a shame they couldn't have got it out quick once they heard the rumors. I also don't see why they couldn't just put it out as a generic Fraggle figure rather than as part of the Muppets ..... oh, but i guess now HIT! would have to agree to that since the distribution has passed to them. Maybe they've got their own ideas now about Fraggle toys and things, they work with a lot of the big fish in the toy industry and make some lovely stuff.

Foodie

Reaction score
beaker said:
Wait...Disney bought the Mupepts in feb 2004...does this mean they sculpted Gobo pre feb 2004? hmmmm. Yeah, a Gobo via palisades direct would be crazy phenomenon. However, here's where it gets murky...see, it would obviously be in the 'Muppets' line, even if it didnt say Muppets. And Disney might say 'no way' given it would be pretty much a Muppet figure. However...Kurbick has a line with both Sesame and Muppet Show figures. so who knows. I still and will always consider FR Muppets, even if not in brand name.
Kubrick Fraggles would be nice too.
:smirk:

Nick

WiGgY

Reaction score
Wait, HIT! has the rights to ALL Fraggle stuff? DVDs, plush, figures, all of it? WHat is Henson doing?!?!?! Do they just not like felt and foam anymore?

Luke

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Wait, HIT! has the rights to ALL Fraggle stuff? DVDs, plush, figures, all of it? WHat is Henson doing?!?!?! Do they just not like felt and foam anymore?
Yeah HIT! controls everything Fraggle (and also all leftover Henson family shows). That includes the merchandise, TV distribution, Home Entertainment Distribution etc etc. Obviously Henson still owns it but HIT! basically have the rights to make money from it on their behalf. All the existing stuff signed (Sababa etc) still stands but i'd expect it to expand after all that finishes. There was a line in Travis' "Bit" that sounded like they are negotiating with HIT! so you never know but i guess while they stand to make money they are going to want to sell Palisades the license rather than let them do things for free. Maybe a Henson license under HIT might work out cheaper than a Henson license under Henson though. The reason all this was done was so that Henson themselves wouldn't have to employ licensing, publishing and TV distribution people themselves.