Fozzie's hat

dan

Reaction score
I've got a friend that wants to get a hat like Fozzie's but we haven't really been able to figure out what kind it is exactly. He asked me to post on the board and ask all you fellow muppet lovers if you knew what style of hat Fozzie has. Is it just a beaten up fedora? Or a derby? Is it not really a specific hat because it was made for a puppet? Any help would be appreciated!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Dan,

I think it is called something like a Pork Pie hat ?

see ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Dan,

I think it is called something like a Pork Pie hat ?

see ya

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by dan
I've got a friend that wants to get a hat like Fozzie's but we haven't really been able to figure out what kind it is exactly. He asked me to post on the board and ask all you fellow muppet lovers if you knew what style of hat Fozzie has. Is it just a beaten up fedora? Or a derby? Is it not really a specific hat because it was made for a puppet? Any help would be appreciated!
You should just ask me. I know. I can tell you exactly what kind of hat it's supposed to be. As a matter of fact, in one episode of I Love Lucy, I saw Ricky Ricardo wear one. Mighty Mack Blues of the Blues Brothers 2000 wore one in concert and on SNL, and even Ed Norton had one on the Honeymooners.

Wait...what was I talking about again?

Oh, yeah...Warrick is right: Pork Pie Hat.

I got one of those brown wool Indiana Jones hats from Walt Disney World and got it wet and kind of sorta resculpted it some. Only in the bill of it, really. It works just fine for me. On the other hand, he MIGHT be able to find a "clown hat" at a local costume shop.

Later! FOZ

dan

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks you guys! Thats great! I'll tell my friend and then once he gets the hat, maybe he'll be funnier..........
Dan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by dan
Wow! Thanks you guys! Thats great! I'll tell my friend and then once he gets the hat, maybe he'll be funnier..........
Dan
Well, according to SOME people, it didn't help me much...but, I do what I can with what I got. Thank GOD folks can't throw tomatoes at me from online. Whew!

FOZ

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
The hat

Didn't Fozzie say in the recent TV Guide interview that his hat is a "crushed fedora"? It seems like the interviewer asked him about his hat, calling it a Bowler (or derby), but he responded, saying that it was a fedora that had been crushed.

Scott

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Re: The hat

Originally posted by DrGoshposh
Didn't Fozzie say in the recent TV Guide interview that his hat is a "crushed fedora"? It seems like the interviewer asked him about his hat, calling it a Bowler (or derby), but he responded, saying that it was a fedora that had been crushed. Scott
Check YOU out! Indeed you're correct, sir!! TV Guide DID Quote Fozzie as saying that. Well, time for me to contact JHC for sure!

FOZ

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
Foz

I was pretty sure I was right when I posted that, but after I made my post, I feared I had dreamed the whole thing up. Thanks for ensuring that I hadn't created the whole thing myself.

Aah! the wonders of having a mind that can hardly do math, but can retrieve useless pop culture facts in a heartbeat.

Scott

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Re: Foz

I wrote to Henson via email to find out what kind of hat it is exactly. I've always been told a porkpie hat, but then you reminded me of that. HMMM!!!

My fave character shouldn't be THAT hard to figure out!

FOZ