Fozzie was on the latest Simpsons episode

rexcrk

Reaction score
Ok, first of all, I don't want to hear "Oh the Simpsons hasn't been good since season 10" because that's a lie... it's still good, just not as good as it was during seasons 1-8 (IMO).

With that out of the way... Fozzie was on the Simpsons last night! It was really funny too. Homer was watching TV and there was some award show on with Lance Armstrong and Fozzie presenting an award. Fozzie made one of his usual "bad jokes that we still love anyway" and Lance Armstrong got ****** off and took the puppet off the performer's hand! The performer kept "performing" even without Fozzie on his hand.

To me it sounded like Dan Castellaneta (Homer, Krusty, Barney, and many others) was doing his voice... but don't quote me on that. How satisfying it would have been to have Eric Jacobson or better yet, Frank Oz doing the voice :embarrassed:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I wonder if they will ever release any of the cels of the simpson style Muppets that have appeared on the show?

rexcrk

Reaction score
That'd be cool. Who can forget Season 7's "A Fish Called Selma" (the episode with the Planet of the Apes musical) when it started out with "The Muppets Go Medieval"? :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if they will ever release any of the cels of the simpson style Muppets that have appeared on the show?
Only if they had the one that was mentioned. Cels don;t exist anymore. it's all digital.

Now if they released production design sketches, that's the next best thing.

They wouldn't though. havHaving Kermit (and David Crosby) in the Simpsons cast poster was boarderline copyright trouble as it stands.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Arent the Simpsons still using hand painted cels? I have one from Flaming Moe's.

wiley207

Reaction score
Arent the Simpsons still using hand painted cels? I have one from Flaming Moe's.
In Season 14 they switched to digital ink and paint. Actually, they've been experimenting with digital ink and paint since 1995 on the "Radioactive Man" episode. What they do now is they draw the sketches on pencil, then scan them into the computers and then do the ink-and-paint and animation processes digitally. Many modern hand-drawn cartoons are done this way. Disney was one of the first to do it, and I think "Ren & Stimpy" was the first TV cartoon to use digital ink and paint (on the infamous banned episode "Man's Best Friend").

But I gotta say, Fozzie's cameo was the only part I thought was funny. The rest of the episode was really moving, but I won't go into details.

As for Dan Castellaneta as Fozzie, I think he often handles Frank Oz's Muppets on the Simpsons. He voiced Miss Piggy in her two cameos. And I think either he or Hank Azaria voiced Kermit the Frog in his two appearances. I also know that Tress MacNeille voiced Elmo, and Harry Shearer voiced the Count. I do agree it would've been cooler if Frank Oz or Eric Jacobson voiced Fozzie in that, but I'm sure both performers would've just gotten up and tried to sue Lance Armstrong for pulling the puppet off their hands.

And it looks like someone beat me to the Muppet Wiki Simpsons page again (drat me for waiting later to watch the episode I recorded!) However, I DID submit the info for "Stop or my Dog will Shoot" (Wiggum's sweater of Big Bird and Elmo in a saw mill) and "Papa Don't Leech" (Kermit and Piggy with Lurleen Lumpkin), but not the images.

Drtooth

Reaction score

wiley207

Reaction score
It's far too small to tell. But if you can find David Crosby (who is standing to the left of Stampy the Elephant) you may see a green blot on his right arm. That's Kermit. On a bigger picture, it's easier to spot.
Actually that's writer John Swartzelder holding the Kermit puppet.