Fozzie Bear attened Carnegie conference with Lamp Chop, and Grover

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
awww beaker, my man, you are so judgemental!:big_grin: I like lambchop! i was raised on her, too....so i may be partial!!!
Sorry...I dont mean to be. Im not like in real life...I guess I see oppurtunity for parodies and sendoffs more than I should.
Also, seeing Muppet characters juxtaposed against lesser quality puppets was kind of strange.

Lambchop just creeped me out. Then again so did Mr. Roger's Land of Make Believe citizens.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Mr. Rogers never sat well with me either! he sang too much for a normal man....i mean he sang about PUTTING ON SHOES.....

Sarah

it was an ok show overall just a little creepy to me!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Lambchop had some funny moments. Not a big fan - and the Muppets dwarf every puppet franchise in comparison, so it's not really fair to say. But, hey - where is Topo Gigio? :wink:

(Suddenly thinking that most people won't know who Topo Gigio is, but if not here, where?)

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Since when is Lambchop an "F" rated sock puppet. If you knew your history of TV and pop culture, you'd realize how great Lamchop and all of Sheri Lewis' creations really were. More edgy then our Muppets have ever been.
I agree completely - i'm not a fan, but that puppet has such a history. Certainly not 'F' rated and certainly deserving of being at Carnegie, perhaps even more than Fozzie and Grover actually. Kermit probably should have been there instead as he's historically more in the 'Lambchop' league.

radionate

Reaction score
Sheri Lewis did a great Nightclub act that was very "risque" to say the least.

My favorite bit was with a Kangaroo puppet she had. Lots of jokes about his "pouch" and Sherri digging for things in it.

Movies205

Reaction score
Beaker chill out with the Fanboyism, you take everything so seriously like the muppets are perfect in everyway(wait they are bad example) but still chill out muppets are awesome but so are other things...

Also lamp chop was pretty awesome when I watch it!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh i love Lamb Chop, hush puppy was always my fav, what would puppets be without lamb chop and Kermit?

Kermit probably should have been there instead as he's historically more in the 'Lambchop' league.
No i think it was a good idea to use Fozzie for this, kermit is always used, fozzie was a big character back in the days and i know he has done things on his own before like the weather cast thing back in the 80's.

It's time to bring Fozzie back and with a performer who can always be there it will work out fine. what's wrong with fozzie anyways? Just because kermit is the head of the muppets doesn't mean other muppets can't go out on their own.

think of it this way, Donald duck is more popular then mickey mouse, he's used more in cartoons, video games, and items.

Now kermit is more popular then Fozzie bear, but it's just like using daffy duck instead of bugs bunny, or snaggle puss instead of yogi bear.

plus this isn't a big tv event, it's only going to be at one museum.

Zack)Rowlf the Dog

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

What? I think Fozzie is in a league much higher than any of those other puppets. I like Lambchop okay, but I'm glad it was Fozzie there instead of Kermit or Gonzo. Just more fun. Hey, wouldn't it have been fun to see Beaker try to narrate something? LOL!

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Luke

Originally posted by frogboy4
What? I think Fozzie is in a league much higher than any of those other puppets.
Hey, that was the point *I* was trying to make:wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Luke

Originally posted by frogboy4
What? I think Fozzie is in a league much higher than any of those other puppets.
In the industry at least, Lambchop is regarded as the more historically important puppet. I agree that Fozzie was the right kinda character to be there and yes, Beaker would have been hysterically funny as would Sam. Just if you are talking puppet history i would've thought they'd put Kermit next to Lambchop as he clearly outranks her/it. Fozzie is clearly important and has a long history but i think he gets passed over so much for Kermit.

As for Cory's earlier comment though - i don't think any character is automatically in a higher league just cos they are a 'Muppet', there are plenty of important puppets outside of JHC.