Fozzie and Grover's simularities

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Beside the fact that both were originally performed by Frank Oz,it seems that Fozzie and Grover have quite a few notable things in common.

1.Simular personalities.Even though Grover has a higher voice than Fozzie,they both talk the same way with very simular expression.

2.They're both best friends with Kermit.

3.Both their mothers have occasionally appeared as old lady versions of their sons.(e.g Fozzie's mother is an old lady version of himself.The same with Grover and his mother.)

Are there any other simularities that you can think of?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's true, they're both very close to their Mommies, hehe. And they both occasionally manage to get under Kermit's skin!

Though I have to say as far as differences, Grover is much more confident and knows how to stand up for himself. When something goes wrong, as far as Grover's concerned it's always someone else's fault, lol. And when something goes right, guess who's responsible, lovable furry old Grover! Whereas Fozzie is more neurotic and self doubting. If something goes wrong, he buries himself in his misery. When something goes right, he then feels validated. But it's still not healthy because he's defining himself by how much other people like him.

And that's my psychoanalysis for the day! Hehe

For example, in that MonsterPiece Theater sketch of The 39th Steps, Grover goes up all 39 steps, getting more and more tired and frustrated. He finally arrives at his destination...

"YES! AND NOW WE HAVE HERE THE EXCITING......brick wall? :: pants:: You mean I climbed all these 39 steps and all we have is this brick wall? ! Are you out of your mind? !"

In Fozzie's case, if he discovered the brick wall, he'd probably blame himself for falling for the trick in the first place. :embarrassed:

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I mentioned that in the first sentence of this topic.

BEAR

Reaction score
I love him, but I think Grover is a bit more narcissistic than Fozzie, too.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
has there ever been a scene with Grover interacting with Fozzie, I know they were some tv specials that they both were in, but have they ever had a scene together?

BEAR

Reaction score
Not sure but I know that Mrs. Bear mentioned him to Fozzie when they discussed sleeping arrangements in Muppet Family Christmas. He was the blue monster that's going to sleep in the bath tub.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Not sure but I know that Mrs. Bear mentioned him to Fozzie when they discussed sleeping arrangements in Muppet Family Christmas. He was the blue monster that's going to sleep in the bath tub.
That could have been any blue monster. It could have been Grover, or Herry. There was another blue monster, I think made from the Murray puppet but can't remember if it was Murray. But it definately wasn't cookie monster, since Mrs. Bear mentioned that "the big canary said he'd sleep with the cookie eater" (not exact quote... for some reason I can't remember right now).

BEAR

Reaction score
That could have been any blue monster. It could have been Grover, or Herry. There was another blue monster, I think made from the Murray puppet but can't remember if it was Murray. But it definately wasn't cookie monster, since Mrs. Bear mentioned that "the big canary said he'd sleep with the cookie eater" (not exact quote... for some reason I can't remember right now).
You have a point. I guess I just always thought of Grover when she said that because I feel like he would be the one willing to sleep in a bathtub.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
...Fozzie is more neurotic and self doubting. If something goes wrong, he buries himself in his misery. When something goes right, he then feels validated. But it's still not healthy because he's defining himself by how much other people like him.
I think that's pretty much any stand-up comedian, lol. Heck, that's almost any performer !