Fox Muppet Show Info

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've heard a rumor from a very reliable 'source' that tells me that the new Fox 'Muppet Show' is going to take on much of last years 'New Muppet Show' format that was discussed here. I don't know how this fits in with the 'new and edgier' promises or the statement that this will not be a remake of 'The Muppet Show' but it seems that the new show is definitely going to be a variety format set in a theatre.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hmmmm...

Here's to hoping that Kermit's hosting, and there is much better preparation than in Muppets Tonight!

Personally, I think the variety show format is the best solution for a new series, as long as steps are taken to assure that it will be the best Muppet quality, and that the series will be around for a while :smile:

- Billy :cool:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well, if they do skits like Bunson's BVD technology, they might count!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I wonder if they can get Jerry Juhl back ?

see ya

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Hmmm...

I wonder why they'd go for the variety format after the big to-do about the "edgier" non-variety show?

On the plus side (and I'm sorry for sounding like a broken record here), the recent Muppet Show Live was one of the best things they've ever done, so I wouldn't be against something like that at all.

Thanks for the heads-up, Luke!

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah it's wierd - i guess it's still early stages and in early pre-production but the current idea is definitely to set it in a theatre like the old show and keep a similar format. I guess though their choices are limited - theres not much you can do other than sitcom, variety or a 100% sketch show. I guess they want people to remember the old show and especially with the anniversary remember how good that was - and also i have a sneaking feeling that Fox don't want anything that will look or act, or otherwise compete with "Greg The Bunny" - so somekind of sitcom or sketch show maybe set in the Muppets house (like a lot of us wanted) would probably be ruled out early.

I'm not saying this is definitely how it's gonna turn out because obviously there are more than 9 or 10 months to air so we shall see but thats the current thinking or so i'm told.

BorkBork

Reaction score
I personally hope that they'd get Jerry Juhl AND Frank Oz back. I think it would be much more worth to look at, but without Jim AND Frank, both gone from the muppets, i feel that there are very much of the old magic that's missing.

/Anders

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Hmmm...

Originally posted by Chilly Down
I wonder why they'd go for the variety format after the big to-do about the "edgier" non-variety show?
Well, obviously! It's Fox! EVERYTHING HAS TO BE "EDGEY!!!"