1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fox Muppet Show Info

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Luke, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Luke

Luke Active Member

Hey Guys,

I've heard a rumor from a very reliable 'source' that tells me that the new Fox 'Muppet Show' is going to take on much of last years 'New Muppet Show' format that was discussed here. I don't know how this fits in with the 'new and edgier' promises or the statement that this will not be a remake of 'The Muppet Show' but it seems that the new show is definitely going to be a variety format set in a theatre.
  2. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Hmmmm...

Here's to hoping that Kermit's hosting, and there is much better preparation than in Muppets Tonight!

Personally, I think the variety show format is the best solution for a new series, as long as steps are taken to assure that it will be the best Muppet quality, and that the series will be around for a while :)

- Billy :cool:
  3. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Well, if they do skits like Bunson's BVD technology, they might count!
  4. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

I wonder if they can get Jerry Juhl back ?

see ya
  5. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Hmmm...

I wonder why they'd go for the variety format after the big to-do about the "edgier" non-variety show?

On the plus side (and I'm sorry for sounding like a broken record here), the recent Muppet Show Live was one of the best things they've ever done, so I wouldn't be against something like that at all.

Thanks for the heads-up, Luke!
  6. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah it's wierd - i guess it's still early stages and in early pre-production but the current idea is definitely to set it in a theatre like the old show and keep a similar format. I guess though their choices are limited - theres not much you can do other than sitcom, variety or a 100% sketch show. I guess they want people to remember the old show and especially with the anniversary remember how good that was - and also i have a sneaking feeling that Fox don't want anything that will look or act, or otherwise compete with "Greg The Bunny" - so somekind of sitcom or sketch show maybe set in the Muppets house (like a lot of us wanted) would probably be ruled out early.

I'm not saying this is definitely how it's gonna turn out because obviously there are more than 9 or 10 months to air so we shall see but thats the current thinking or so i'm told.
  7. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

I personally hope that they'd get Jerry Juhl AND Frank Oz back. I think it would be much more worth to look at, but without Jim AND Frank, both gone from the muppets, i feel that there are very much of the old magic that's missing.

/Anders
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Re: Hmmm...

Well, obviously! It's Fox! EVERYTHING HAS TO BE "EDGEY!!!"