Forum Staff/Threads, What The Frog?!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
There, now that I got your attention, hey @The Count! Hey, @Phillip! I know I don't usually rant up here, but i'm really upset. With everything going on I just can't take it anymore.
I HATE that you keep deleting threads! It's so sad and annoying. And I don't wanna sound like that whiny guy who gets angry because their post count goes down, or because my likes disappeared;I couldn't care less about those things. No, what i'm ticked about is deleting entire threads just because ONE member doesn't want their posts to be seen, or because a fight broke out and Ed doesn't feel like going through all the posts. I'm ticked because i'd like to be able to go back a relive the fun times that i've had with my forum friends, the friends I had when I was too shy to make friends in the real world. I, and many others would like to be able to go back and read posts from members who have left the forum. Look, dude, it is literally your job to go through posts and filter them, and if that's too hard or takes up too much of your time than @Phillip you need to add more members to your staff. I feel like you need to have at least three staff members to vote on the fate of threads and members, and whatever else.

Further, the fighting between @BlakeConor14 and various other members has reached ridiculous levels. I don't like singling out specific members when i'm mad, but he is immature, rude, offensive, and downright unpleasant to have around here. Something needs to be done about him. I know you can't ban him, but you need to find a way. Change your server, do whatever you can.

You have to change this site. And sorry if I sound entitled, and I don't mean to, but, you have a duty to, not only fix it for the forum members, but also the entire Muppet fan community. How many other places are there for us to discuss and geek out about The Muppets and Jim's other creations? Heck, this has become a main source of Muppet related news for some people. This place still means a lot to a lot of people. Don't let it go under.

And if you fail, WE RIOT! Well, no, not really, but we'll still be really, really angry and a lot of people will probably start leaving.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's been brought up I don't know how many hundreds of times: we need more mods here to lighten Phil and Ed's loads. MC is a relative good-sized community with several active members every day, it's by no means a small forum, where just two staffers would be sufficient. The sheer size and activity of MC warrants more mods. Members have offered up suggestions, and have nominated who they feel may be best suited for the job, but there always seems to be some sort of condition that makes them unfit for the job as far as Phil and/or Ed are concerned: they don't get along with certain members, they have a few rotten posts or threads under their belt, they're not active enough to monitor the forum regularly, among other reasons. Look, nobody's perfect, we all have our bad moments on occasion, but surely somebody among this vast community must be able to pass muster to be able to take on the job.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, this is part of the problem: we can nominate who we think is the best possible people for the job, but they never seem to be who Phil and/or Ed think are the best possible people for the job. Nothing ever gets resolved, it dies down, then after a while, we're right back to bringing up this issue again.

I mean, I can agree that either fuzzygobo or KarWash would be good choices. @Sgt Floyd would be a good choice as well - she's level-headed enough and doesn't take crap from anybody, but she not always active regularly. Conversely, you've got people like @LittleJerry92 who's here practically every day and is regularly active, but is also prone to impulsive posts that may end up adding fuel to a fire, so that may not make him a suitable mod.

So again, invariably, we can make nominations and suggestions, but it's hard to get anyone elected to such a position.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I've also wanted to be a mod but those dreams are looking g long gone.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To help address a couple issues raised here...

1 As far as added staff members, yes, that would certainly help. And yes, there are certain forum members that due to past actions or reactions wouldn't make the best staffers. But there are other people who should be promoted, the problem is that said promotion is done exclusively by the administrator through some sort of tweak to the forum's computer coding which I have no idea how to carry out.

2 That said, even if more staff members are added they as well as all staff members need to have full mod powers available to them at all times to deal effectively with troublesome members when they finally act up instead of being limited to deal with said troublesome members within a set time limit. All the troublesome member has to do nowadays is create an account, wait out the set time limit, then start posting crappish spam to their heart's content knowing they can't have their account deleted.

Sorry this is so, I'm only doing what I can to help keep MC a good forum. :wisdom: :sigh: