Foreign Muppets

Whatever

Reaction score
What kind of Muppets are there in other countries? For example, in Germany there is a big bear puppet named Samson on Sesame Street (which is called Sesam Strasse) which is Germany exclusive and I think the snail puppet it too. Interesting, huh? :big_grin:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Whatever said:
What kind of Muppets are there in other countries? For example, in Germany there is a big bear puppet named Samson on Sesame Street (which is called Sesam Strasse) which is Germany exclusive and I think the snail puppet it too. Interesting, huh? :big_grin:
If you ever get a copy of the book Sesame Street Unpaved, it contains a couple pages about SS around the world. The section includes what the show is called in other countries and a few pictures of the different versions. Plus, the book is packed with tons of classic Sesame info!!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
There's Kami, the HIV+ Muppet who was introduced to the program in South Africa last year.
Erin

Splurge

Reaction score
What I find interesting is to learn that Kermit Love is responsible for the design of some of the full bodied puppets in the Big Bird role. Samson, the bear in Germany was already mentioned. I think I remember one special where they showed Caroll in Israel, showing how to walk in the bird feet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What's the addres to Warrick's site? He has a lot of info and pictures!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I remember reading that Sesame Street might launch a version in Northern Ireland. Has that happened yet?
Erin

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Warrick got a page with info on some of the diffrent sesame street versions http://www.angelfire.com/super/sesameworld/entrance.html

And Pino got a page about the Dutch version and about the Big birds around the world http://www.geocities.com/sesameplanet/

Whatever

Reaction score
I just found a website about the German Sesamstrasse Muppets!www.daserste.de/checkeins/sesamstrasse/default.asp
I'ts really cool, got pics and info about the charachters and the next episode. I didn't know that they call Grover Grobi! Cookie Monster is Kruemelmonster, Oscar :grouchy: (with orange nose) is Rumpel, and the Count is Graf Zahl (which in English means Count Count, in German Count doesn't have a double meaning as nobility and numbers, so Graf means Count/nobility and Zahl means Count/numbers!)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
should they really be called muppets though does henson make them if not they should not be called muppets.

Whatever

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
should they really be called muppets though does henson make them if not they should not be called muppets.
Yes, they usually look just like Bert, Ernie ans co. with the exceptions of ones the Jim Henson Company built just for that country like Kami in South Africa.