Foreign collector's question

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm sturggling my way through getting hold of all of the first season action figures. Since they're not available here in Australia, it appears that eBay is my only means of acquring them.

Of course, in taking part in such a transaction, one must consider:

* The seller's interest in making a profit
* The competition from other bidders
* Shipping rates
* Exchange rates with the Australian/US differences in the dollar

And it all ends up being an expensive exercise.

While I do believe it is worth the expense, I just wanted to know if I could tap the coconuts that reside on the necks of this forum's members... somewhere flowing around amongst the milk within may be some deep wisdom and insight that could tell me an alternative, potentially cheaper way, to get hold of the figures from series 2 and beyond.

(I don't have a credit card, so it'll need to be something that allows one to mail payment)

Cherry "full-time student who ought to be spending money on books and food" Pizza

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Travis or Mike should answer this more specifically, but I think as of Series 2 an Australian distributor will be taking the Muppet line. One of them can give you the skinny...

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Originally posted by CherryPizza
Hey,

I'm sturggling my way through getting hold of all of the first season action figures.

Make that 'struggling'

Cherry "slave to the spellcheck" Pizza

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Cherry,

Ouch, the Australian dollar is one of the few worse off than my Canadian dollar. Last I heard the buck in Oz was worth about fifty cents U.S.

Glad to hear that there may be a local distributor there for you. If there isn't, you can email me and I can put you in touch with one of your countrymen who's in tune with the Oz toy scene and can advise you what Australian chain comic retailers may have the figures and be willing to do mail order for you.

Cheers. :smile:

grail

Reaction score
on the Palisades website, it says that Australia will be getting at least the exclusives through "Croftminster". it was in the Muppets section under "exclusives". if they're carying that, i'd assume they're going to have regular figs too.