For when you're feeling down...

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it does have a stupid premise, there's really not much reason for the characters to be vegetables other than the fact that it helps them stand out. But, somehow, it does work. And there's actually a lot of great humor that comes from the fact that they're vegetables. I think the problem is, people dismiss the show without really giving it a chance. You wouldn't expect the characters, voice acting, songs, humor and stories to be as good as they are, but they're all super good. I think it really is an underrated show and something that can be enjoyed whether you're a Christian or not. Watching it, you really feel like the creators care about what they're doing, which is not something I can say for most Christian kid shows.
Exactly. One of the biggest gripes I have with Christianity is how they bring up kids. All they're doing is having them sing the same stupid songs, do the same stupid stuff, without the kids even really understanding what it all means and why they're doing it.

With VeggieTales, it's actually fun, informative, and educational, and while it might be strange them being vegetables, you can actually get a lot more from it than the normal stuff I just mentioned above. (And this is all based on personal experience - I know what I'm talking about. :stick_out_tongue: )

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Like I said before, I actually have a crush on a sentient train from T&F... you're not alone with this! :stick_out_tongue:
That gives a whole new meaning to the quote "I like trains," from asdfmovie. Do you know watch American Dad? Because if so you'd know what I mean about Francine.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
That gives a whole new meaning to the quote "I like trains," from asdfmovie. Do you know watch American Dad? Because if so you'd know what I mean about Francine.
I've heard of the show, but I don't actually watch it. In the adult cartoon world, I've seen one Family Guy episode, a few Simpsons episodes, and a whole lotta South Park. #SouthParkFTW

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I've heard of the show, but I don't actually watch it. In the adult cartoon world, I've seen one Family Guy episode, a few Simpsons episodes, and a whole lotta South Park. #SouthParkFTW
I watch Family Guy, The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Futurama, American Dad, and Robot Chicken the most. I'm not sure if I should consider Happy Tree Friends an adult cartoon because there is nothing else questionable in it besides violence (no language, sex, or drug references).

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I watch Family Guy, The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Futurama, American Dad, and Robot Chicken the most. I'm not sure if I should consider Happy Tree Friends an adult cartoon because there is nothing else questionable in it besides violence (no language, sex, or drug references).
If it has violence, it's likely adult. If someone gets his face smashed, even if there's no language, sex, or drugs, it's not for kids. :stick_out_tongue: (I've been meaning to check it out actually, all your talk has gotten me curious.)

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
If it has violence, it's likely adult. If someone gets his face smashed, even if there's no language, sex, or drugs, it's not for kids. :stick_out_tongue: (I've been meaning to check it out actually, all your talk has gotten me curious.)
It's pretty funny and I think you'll like it, :smile:.

mr3urious

Reaction score
"Dark Cristal" was easily their best parody of something Muppet-related, and probably one of my favorite RC parody segments that I've seen, the others being "Arkham Redemption" and "Ted Turner as Captain Planet". It condensed the plot of The Dark Crystal in glam rap video form, so the writers really did their research on that one. Also, you just gotta love those humming Mystics. :big_grin:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Yay, that means we have at least five Veggie Tales fans on the forum: there's you, @HTFFan, @WhoseLineFan, @antsamthompson9 and myself.
I honestly think Veggie Tales was one of the best kid shows of the 90s (even if it was all straight to video).
Have any of you listened to the Phil Vischer podcast? It's a fantastic show from the creator of VeggieTales.