For my fellow MST3K fans...lookie what I found!

grail

Reaction score
so i was trying to find the release date for the Transformers Season 2, Part 1 set this evening...imagine my surprise when i found the following listing on Rhino's "upcoming list":

Mystery Science Theater: Boxed Set 1 (DVD)

now this is something i HAD to earn more about...so i looked it up on Amazon.com. here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006RJCL/103-5759859-9854207

oh yeah, and it's due out November 12th.

it's four disks, and has the episodes "Bloodlust", "Catalina Caper", "The Creeping Terror", and "Skydivers". i may be wrong, but i'm pretty four none of these have been on DVD before, just video. there were no other specs that i could find, but the case itself seems to be a bit like a popup book, which i thought was groovy.

also on Rhino's site, they talk about an new TMBG dial-a-song compilation that's been released. i remember hearing about this awhile back, and then nothing. well, apparantly they released it about a month ago, which puts it up against the Muppet show CD...which is probably why i missed it. but still, i thought i'd throw that in, seeing as many of the people i discuss MST3K with, i also seem to discuss TMBG with. funny how that works.

and for the record...Transformers: Season 2, Part 1 (there were 49 eps in season 2) will go on sale Nov. 26th. Amazon fans can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006L9PL/qid=1034843492/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/103-5759859-9854207
(i figured that since that was what i started out looking for, i'd throw it in too)

i'm SO gonna go broke...again...

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Strange, the first time I looked up the site I got to see the MST3K box. The second time, it told me 'no image avalible'.

$50 seems alot, but it is a four disk set. I have to think about this.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Grail, does the four-disc MST3K set really cost $50? Don't worry about going broke because many of us will be on the same bandwagon. Right now my holigay list includes:
Muppets figures from Series 2,
TMS DVD's, and
Christmas Eve on Sesame DVD.
Now it seems like I'll have to investigate such a release of my favorite cinematic crackups. Gee, I hope Petey makes it with all of our Muppet goodies. Actually, I hope this is the acid jump.

BTW: If I were a hand, where would I be Skipper?
Halloween, it's the scariest time of the year, the Count.

grail

Reaction score
that's weird, it's telling me "no image available" now too. i've got it in my cache files, i'm sure so i'll dig it out after work tonight and put it where everyone can see it.

that's bizarre...

gymkatarules

Reaction score
The Creeping Terror is my favorite MST3K. I saw the film before I saw it on MST3K, so that helped. Amazing.

-Chris

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Hey Grail, does the four-disc MST3K set really cost $50?
yeah...it looks like it really is. however, when you consider that the individual episodes have a tendancy to run between $15-$20, that's not bad.

4 individual episodes, at regular price, would be anywhere in the $60-$80 range...you're starting out $10 cheaper right off the bat. then on top of that, if you find it at someplace like Best Buy, it MAY be even cheaper. their regular prices have a tendancy to be less than Amazon's sale prices. it doesn't always happen, but it does seem to be the trend.

i'm actually hoping for more like this in the future. there really isn't nearly as many episodes out as Rhino promised people by now, and hopefully this is a way to catch up quickly.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Well, Rhino promised more than they ended up being able to deliver...they were obviously intending to secure the rights to many more episodes than they ended up getting the rights to; they promised to release 40-50 episodes (at least) back when the original announcement of the initial VHS releases was made. However, Rhino ran into a bunch of legal roadblocks in trying to obtain the rights to distribute various films utilized on the show (in fact, they had to pull "The Amazing Colossal Man" because of a rights problem with...I forget who...Orion?), and that's why they are simply re-releasing titles already available on VHS. Maybe they'll be able to secure the rights to more movies in the future...but who knows?

grail

Reaction score
yeah, i know...the best brains guys actually caused some of those problems themselves when they started making fun of people by name...now those same folks have decided that they will NOT give them license to use those episodes again...

Rhino really has done the best the could for the fans, and i have no complaints...just wishing i had more stuff.

may start having to talk to Matt about maybe getting some VCDs...

GWGumby

Reaction score
I've got almost 200 CDs of MST3K episodes right now released from www.dapcentral.org. I'm still in the lengthy process of watching each episode nearly all of which I missed since our cable provider didn't give us Comedy Central or Sci-Fi at home. I'm hoping some day to be able to finish my collection with the DVDs that have been released.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Jeeze Mike, your sooo late on your MST news...

But then again I'm a bit late coming to this thread, so I guess were even keel. :smile:

The actual news on MST right now is the contract renewal with Sci-Fi. I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR FOR THIS REASON! Every d*amn year they pull this crap on us. "There is no word yet as to the contract renewal, we'll keep you posted, yadda yadda yadda.." Their bigger sensationalists than FOX news... :mad: Personally, I don't care if MST is continued in reruns on Sci-Fi, being that they only have like 7 episodes that they can legally air. So a little message to the Info Club and BBI:

WE WILL BE MSTIES WHETHER YOU KEEP IT ON OR NOT! STOP TRYING TO SCARE US!!!!!

Gah, stupid things...last year I was the head of a major group that was attempting to have an MST3K marathon played before it was supposedly being cancelled. Then they renewed the contract and made me look like a fool...jerks. (hehe) :smile:

-Matt