foam scraps!

fishbone

Reaction score
Would anyone like to donate scraps of foam..The mission of Ghetto Geppeto is to promote excellence in puppetry as a theatrical art form. We provide an opportunity for people of all ages,cultures and ethnicity's to view puppet performances and enrich the community through culturally ethnic and imaginative storytelling.

Lizzie's Lair

Reaction score
Hi Fishbone, not sure where you are but here in Australia, I was hunting to buy foam for my puppet and went to a foam and rubber distributor. When I told them what I planned to do with my foam, they offered me a massive bag (literally filled my car) of off cuts. They were more than big enough for me to use but not for them sell. Can you hit up someone locally for their off cuts?

I would love to hear more about your project... sounds like an awesome initiative.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Lizzie - Really? I went to Clark Rubber and had to give them 20 good dollars for half a sq metre of the stuff!

Lizzie's Lair

Reaction score
It was Clark Rubber that helped me out. I wasn't fussy about what was in the bag, just figured I would chuck what I couldn't use. Where abouts are you?

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Sydney, chances are you're a far better puppet maker than I, it's still nice to meet some fellow Australian puppet enthusiasts.

Lizzie's Lair

Reaction score
Absolutely nice to meet some fellow Aussie enthusiasts. To be honest, I've only just made my first puppet, which is why I'm here. I'm about six hrs North of you in Coffs Harbour. If you ever want free foam, let me know and I'll arrange some through my local store. Gorgeous drive to the coast and free foam!

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Hah, you know, with a bit of luck I might be up north this time next year for the Buskers festival, perhaps with puppets or perhaps not.

Lizzie's Lair

Reaction score
It's a nice spot and the Busker's Festival is always huge. I would really love to hear about the project you're working on. What sort of acts do you have?

Can I ask you, how do I post photos to this site?

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Puppetry, some comedy, playing the musical saw, card magic, knife juggling and hopefully straightjacket escape, when I can afford a straitjacket. To be honets I don't know that much about posting photos here, I believe you can embed a photo from a site like photobucket as well as upload an image but I've never actually done either.